• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
changingman

205 Master Cylinder Help Needed!

changingman

Hi,ive got a problem in as much as ive changed my front pads and now there is little to no pedal now.

The brakes have been getting spongier and spongier as the months progressed but now they have dissapeared!!

Could the master cylinder be shot?

If it is then id like to upgrade it,so my question is,well another question!!

What is the best upgrade from which car that will fit on a 205??

Cheers

Liam

oli-pug

Have you checked your calipers again since fitting the pads. Sounds to me like you may have damaged a piston seal when winding them back.

Is there any brake fluid leaking onto the servo?

jonnie205

hello mate, sorry i didnt get back to you on swirl pot, not had a chance to do much with pugs recently, you problem is likely to be a duff MC. Is this car one with gti6 brakes? if it is then fit a 406 23mm master cylinder and this will improve things no end

changingman
Have you checked your calipers again since fitting the pads. Sounds to me like you may have damaged a piston seal when winding them back.

Is there any brake fluid leaking onto the servo?

they are gti6 brakes i believe so there is no need to wind them in,just undo one bolt and the calipers lift up.

the pistons push back in easily enough too!!

cheers

Liam

changingman
hello mate, sorry i didnt get back to you on swirl pot, not had a chance to do much with pugs recently, you problem is likely to be a duff MC. Is this car one with gti6 brakes? if it is then fit a 406 23mm master cylinder and this will improve things no end

hi jonnie.its the MI16 mate,its either got gti6 brakes on or something off a diesel the same size!!

need it sorted before 24th as it goes on track alongside the 7 !!!

cheers

Liam

jonnie205

i dont mind upgarding the master cylinder and sorting it all out for you mate, if you want it doing drop me a text and wel sort it out

Sign in to follow this