• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
nick9one1

Interior Colour Black/gray

nick9one1

I've bought a full interior from ebay for £175 from a blue 1.6 GTi on a 91 J plate. The seller told me it was phase 2 black but its just arrived and im not so sure. I have a G reg 1.9 GTi and the new gray interior is definitely darker, not by alot but when you put them next to each other you can tell. The only strange thing is the lower dash plastic/carpet around the gearstick is definately black.

eBay link

one explanation is that i have phase 1 and the new dash is pahase 1.5 and the black bit is phase 2.

but I thought i had a phase 1.5? G is 1990? and the new dash is identical to the old apart from it being darker gray.

Edited by nick9one1

NeilGTi85
I've bought a full interior from ebay for £175 from a blue 1.6 GTi on a 91 J plate. The seller told me it was phase 2 black but its just arrived and im not so sure. I have a G reg 1.9 GTi and the new gray interior is definitely darker, not by alot but when you put them next to each other you can tell. The only strange thing is the lower dash plastic/carpet around the gearstick is definately black.

eBay link

one explanation is that i have phase 1 and the new dash is pahase 1.5 and the black bit is phase 2.

but I thought i had a phase 1.5? G is 1990? and the new dash is identical to the old apart from it being darker gray.

I have a 91 205 1.6, and my interior is defently black. The only diffrence between the blue 205 and mine are the seats.....mine is J reg.

Dont know if this helps but....

Cheers

Neil

edit - Put some pics up, might help

Edited by NeilGTi85

nick9one1

dsc00709gz1.th.jpg dsc00713hv3.th.jpg

not that easy to see in a picture

NeilGTi85
dsc00709gz1.th.jpg dsc00713hv3.th.jpg

not that easy to see in a picture

Mine is defently darker then your's....ithink thats the 1.5

Neil

Might be wrong though

damien

if your car is a g/1990 then it is a ph1.5 like mine and it has a grey dash, the ph2 black dash is black and you will notice a difference but afew dashes ive seen in scrappys that are ph2 have been dyed by the sun so they look dark grey.

some pics of the ph1.5 in mine (notice the black heater controls)

1003879zf0.th.jpg

1003880nb9.th.jpg

1003884fb8.th.jpg

now the ph2 black dash in the same car (notice the speaker grills are black but the door cards are grey)

dscf1427ii7.th.jpg

dscf1430bk4.th.jpg

dscf1439largewx3.th.jpg

dscf1959xo9.th.jpg

nick9one1

I wonder if the new dash I've got is just sun-bleached black then? The car is J 91' so does that make it P2 or P1?

nick9one1

It just seems odd how different the colour of the lower dash and the main dash is.

I now think it could be my dash/ plastics that are sun bleached, if you look at the picture of my doorcard you can see how orange the red stripe is.

GTI6BOY

my cti has a proper black dash and its a j plate but my k plate rallye has a dash thats in between black and grey?

nick9one1

ah right, so there actually seems to be 3 types of dash!

djinuk

ive just began swapping my old grey dash to a p2 dash n interior i gota, i got the door cards from a xs as i think they look much nicer without the red carpet.

olddoorcard.jpg

doorcardnew.jpg

pete1986

I quite like the red carpet bit, unless u have black carpet in the car.

I had this same concern i while ago when i bought a ph2 dash. Imo, the current dash is ph1.5, the new dash i ph2 but sun faded and any dashes that are darker have just seen less sun in their lifetime.

Would it be suitable to use a dye on interior bits, like that topic about dyeing old body trim black?

steve@cornwall

Here's a good spot the difference pic.... Ph2 doorcards and kickplates, PH1.5 main dash with centre section / dial cowl / console in Ph2 . Note the ashtray, when the pic was taken it was Ph1.5 .

DSC00109.jpg

Sign in to follow this