• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest dean106

Throttle Bodies Kit On Ebay Help

Guest dean106

hi

ebay link to throttle body kit weber alpha

a mate of mine is looking at this kit found on ebay

its a weber alpha throttle body kit

and comes with everything needed to fit the kit to a 1.9 205 gti

i was wondering if anyone else is using this set up, and what they think of it?

Baz

Pretty sure the seller is on here.

Weber ECUs require a weber dealers only to map them.

bobbbette

i think you might have cost your mate some money by posting up the ebay link.

Miles

As Baz has said the main thing that let's these down is the support and lack of good mapper's, I;ve driven a car with this set up on done by a company around Northampton from memory and it's terrible, the throttle is either on or off and the map's not great either,

bobob

What about if you bought the kit and then sold the ECU on and ran it on something like a Emerald or Omex?

Tom Fenton

Good idea in principle, apart from the fact that the ECU is virtually worthless as it cannot be DIY mapped. There is a guy on here with one who has been trying to sell it for £70 for months and cannot.

Miles

Even the bodies are not as good as the Jenvy one's either

Sandy

No, trumpet fitment especially.

Baz

Ah yes, they have those ghey placcy ones??

daza4

Yes I also have a similar set up but just the mapped ignition. I contacted weber to find out a little more information about my particular kit and was told it was out of date and probably wouldnt be able to get it mapped, so would need to purchase a new ecu at the special cost of £220 + VAT. I didnt as I didnt have the cash at the time.

I have since been involved with a race car project with GMC motorsport who told me that my ECU was running the old programming system (for example windows 95) and weber had upgraded their programming system (ie windows XP)

GMC still had the old system and so could map it for me, and thats why I was told I needed a new ECU. Cheeky so and so's.

I have since gone for the KMS system which is just as fiddly as no uses it ! :( so having a little bit more success.

If you want to do it properly then go for a well known make, ie as said before OMEX DTA etc. Try a search on here and see what others have fitted. Unfortunately as I have found out with this particular modification cheaper is most certainly not the best way. Tried and tested is.

just my little bit of info hope it helps.

daza

Sign in to follow this