• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
NeilGTi85

205 Gti 6 With A 1.6 Box

NeilGTi85

Hello all,

Got my MOT at the end of the month and my CV's need doing and I was told it was easier to just change the whole shaft.

My question is, as I have the 306 GTi6 brake set-up on the front I thought you needed 1.9 hubs = 1.9 shafts??......but as I have a 1.6 box I'm abit confused as to what shafts I need :lol:

Cheers

Neil :lol:

Edited by NeilGTi85

24seven

The 1.9 and 1.6 shafts are the same at the gearbox end, but are different at the hub end. you need 1.9 shafts :lol:

NeilGTi85

Cheers Buddy, I learn something everyday on here

Neil

NeilGTi85

Anyone know the best place to get some....dont want to trust pattern parts really...

Cheers

Neil

24seven

leave a wanted ad on here bud, or have a look round a scrappy.

taylorspug

Dont get them from VKM Neil, me and others have had no end of problems with shafts from there on lowered cars, they are too short for some reason. Euro Car Parts ones on mine, they have survived two engines, full throttle launches the lot. :lol:

NeilGTi85
Dont get them from VKM Neil, me and others have had no end of problems with shafts from there on lowered cars, they are too short for some reason. Euro Car Parts ones on mine, they have survived two engines, full throttle launches the lot. :lol:

Cheers Dan, will give you a call soon about fitting some parts :lol:

Neil

Edit - are the CV joints part of the shaft?? Or do I have to order them seperately?

Edited by NeilGTi85

taylorspug

No problem mate.

They are seperate in that you can get them off, but a shaft will come complete with the joints.

NeilGTi85

Cheers, £40 each from Euro car parts.....cheaper then I thought they'd be!

Cheers

Neil

Sign in to follow this