• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
adamc

New Brakes - Shall I Run No Servo?

adamc

Have just purchased some gti6 brakes and 406 m/c.

I've seen others run the no servo option and run 2 master cylinders, is this alot of work for no real point or does it have advantages?

Would anyone recommend doing this or shall i keep with the servo setup?

Ta

saveloy

Do you go to the gym regularly? Do you have legs a body builder would envy? Do you have time to pump steroids into your arse on a daily basis?

If you have answered yes to any of the above then bin the servo. I dare you.

Tom Fenton

My 205 has a pedal box with twin master cylinders and no servo. By altering the master sizes you can adjust the pedal pressure to whatever suits you. My car has a hard pedal but very little travel, I personally like it like this, but anyone driving it for the first time usually hates it until they get used to it. However it does give a very linear braking response, e.g. the harder you push the harder you stop. By changing master cylinder sizes I could make the pedal less hard and with more travel.

The other advantage is being able to alter brake bias, really quite useful to adjust between wet and dry conditions, in the dry you can use a lot more rear braking than any of the standard setup compensators allow.

engine killer
My 205 has a pedal box with twin master cylinders and no servo. By altering the master sizes you can adjust the pedal pressure to whatever suits you. My car has a hard pedal but very little travel, I personally like it like this, but anyone driving it for the first time usually hates it until they get used to it. However it does give a very linear braking response, e.g. the harder you push the harder you stop. By changing master cylinder sizes I could make the pedal less hard and with more travel.

The other advantage is being able to alter brake bias, really quite useful to adjust between wet and dry conditions, in the dry you can use a lot more rear braking than any of the standard setup compensators allow.

I am running a pedal box setup for street use and a few trackdays purpose too. I have the second smallest master cylinders from AP installed. The pedal is just a little harder and slightly less travel than the original. You will get use to it very soon and once you have got used to it, you will love it more than any servo assisted brake system.

adamc

ok cheers, where did u get the pedal box from, or did u make one yourself? i just want an idea of cost, as i am not prepared to spend lots on this!

Tom Fenton

One on my car was made by me and my mate. If you don't want to spend much though forget it as by the time you have bought 2 cylinders, 2 remote reservoirs, 2 clevises, a balance bar etc the cost soon stacks up before you have even started the fabrication.

adamc

hmm ok mayb i will put that on hold for the moment, out of interest when i fit the gti6 brakes do the standard 205 lines fit straight in to the caliper?

Edited by adamc

Peetypug

no, they are just to short

i bought a set of braided longer ones off miles

i'm not sure if the origional 306 ones fit

Sign in to follow this