• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yorkshirekowboy

309 Beam Shaft Stuck In Tube, And It Was Solid.

yorkshirekowboy

had a 309 beam for about 6 months now and when i got it, one of the shafts were stuck in the tube, solid, so i read on here on how i could try and get it out. most of the users on here said if you get it out, the shaft that is, cos it had been seized the tube would be no good? why is that? anyhow i managed to get my out, and my tube isnt ovaled, nore damed as the bearing has held together and protected the bearing liner on the outer of the tube. the bearing inside look ok to, as one moves up and down freely. i thought for a moment when i checked it over i had bent the tube as i did use a sledge hammer and a metal rod to get the shaft out, but the tube metal is quite thick, and it looks ok and when i run over the tube with a straight edge its ok.

oh i have scored the tube where the bearing sits on getting the old bearing out, but i heard as longs as if its flat etc, it will be ok, so i will try wet and dry.

So my question is what else should i look at to see if the tube is ok, and also has anybody else had the same look as me on getting the shafts out and sing the tube again?

thanks

danny

Sign in to follow this