• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ajb

Gti6 Conversion Electornic And Cable Transducer And Aux Belt Tensioner

Guest ajb

Hello all.

I am after some help on a gti6 conversion i am doing for a friend. The engine is actually going into a 309 not a 205 but I hope you'll agree they are very similar.

I have tried to search for as many answers as possible but there are two questions i am looking for specific answers for ready to order some parts for tomorrow.

Specifically:

Speedo sensor the car is obviously cable but the ecu needs the electronic reading so i need a transducer that allowers the cable to astill be attached. I have been told this is available from the 306 xsi or rallye. Can anyone confirm this? Ideally I am after a part number for this or a chassis number of a car that would have one as std as i can guess at how helpful peugeot will be tomorrow.

Secondly the auxiliary belt I am looking to keep the std pas setup (as the 309 has pas) but ditch the air con. Again I am informed the 306 xsi rallye etc had the same setup but without aircon and a different tensioner. A picture of this setup would be very helpful or again a part number or chassis number.

Many thanks for anyone who can help wirth these two points or any other information would be greatly appreciated with regards gti6 into 205/309.

Did i mention we are hoping to take this car to Nurburgring on Saturday lol

Ainsley

platty

On the Aux belt/Tensioner side of things, you can indeed use 306 Rallye parts, not cheap though:-

Alternator Belt 5750 WL £15.76

Tension Roller 5751 32 £70.57

Roller 5751 33 £54.74

Tensioner Screw 5703 67 £2.12

Edited by platty

tidypug

Or you can get the set up from a 306 xsi or some 406's, not sure which ones tbh

Guest ajb
On the Aux belt/Tensioner side of things, you can indeed use 306 Rallye parts, not cheap though:-

Alternator Belt 5750 WL £15.76

Tension Roller 5751 32 £70.57

Roller 5751 33 £54.74

Tensioner Screw 5703 67 £2.12

Hmm that is exactly what i was looking for but it does quite add up.

Does anybody know if there is room to just leave the ac pump in situ and just have it freewheeling? Or perhaps i could turn an idler up to replace the air con?

Will jot those down though and if i cant come up with anything else tomorrow will order them.

Thanks to you both for your help so far.

Now part number for the speedo part anyone?

Spiky

VSS you need from a s16 gearbox, this will run the cable for the speedo and the electronic sensor for the GTI^ ECU

i have one fitted from an S16 and works a treat :)

Alastairh
VSS you need from a s16 gearbox, this will run the cable for the speedo and the electronic sensor for the GTI^ ECU

i have one fitted from an S16 and works a treat :)

S16's, XSi's, Late Zx + 306 TD to name a few...

The above pulley set isn't the gospel way of doing the non pas and Air con mod. There are other ways, using alot less heavy parts that can be found in the scrappy from various 8v XU10's...

Guest ajb
S16's, XSi's, Late Zx + 306 TD to name a few...

The above pulley set isn't the gospel way of doing the non pas and Air con mod. There are other ways, using alot less heavy parts that can be found in the scrappy from various 8v XU10's...

I will be keeping the pas though!

Guest ajb

Well got one from peugeot today.

I was absolutely gobsmacked asking main dealer for parts for a conversion with no chassis number and he just reeled the part number of the top of his head.

I forgot to bring the part number home but will post it for anybody elses interest tomorrow was about £85 though.

This led on to another problem.

Intended initially to run the 5 speed 1.6 gti box (out of the 309 1.9 gti) but the clutch is shot so rather than buy a new clutch it makes sense to fit the 306 gti6 box straight away as long as i can rebuild it with the 205 centre casing.

Sign in to follow this