• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest TSL 333

106 Gti On 3 Wheels When Parking!

Guest TSL 333

:)

I watched my brother do a three point turn on a hill outside my house in his R plate 106 GTi and could not believe my eyes when I saw it wagging a rear wheel...

I take it that the rear beam set up is the same as a 205 GTi and that given the 106's age, it would be fair to say his rear beam has siezed? I tried pushing the back up and down and it seems pretty solid...

Edited by TSL 333

welshpug

pretty similar setup at the rear end, though with one major difference, a far stiffer Anti roll bar.

so one being in tripod mode isn't unusual at all :)

GTI6BOY

more to do with the chassis being solid is it not? 205s, 306s they all do it

welshpug

depends how old it is, is it showing signs of camber + rubbing its tyres on the inner arches?

lowered at all?

Guest TSL 333
depends how old it is, is it showing signs of camber + rubbing its tyres on the inner arches?

lowered at all?

nah, all standard and looks/ drves fine. as i said though, it felt stiff to push down..

Richie-Van-GTi

106's seem to suffer from seized beams a lot more than any other pugs, check it properly. If its seized then time for a replacement.

tom_m

nah sounds normal to me, remember you're fighting the anti-roll bar (and its pretty beefy in the 106 gti) if you're trying to push the wheel down while its in the air. as long as it moves up and down freely with both wheels on the ground without groaning or creaking i wouldn't be worried.

Sign in to follow this