• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M@tt

Tools - Sealey Vs Draper

M@tt

Been lookign at various tools and stuff online (bench drill) and places like just www.justoffbase.co.uk stock lots of Sealey and Draper tools most of which look to be identical so just wondered what peoples opinions are of which is better.

I've got a few sets of Draper Eexpert spanners and have had no problems with them but its just weird that all their stuff seems identical.

Cheers

Edited by M@tt

Tom Fenton

Nothing in it IMO. Although I bought a cheapo bench drill from B&Q for £30 a few years ago and its going strong.

pug_ham

Like Tom says, nothing in it really but maybe Sealey are slightly better. :D

Whats the price difference between those two & halfords professional range after discount? Halrauds has a lifetime guarantee.

Graham.

M@tt

tbh i think sealey does as well

i phoned them up when i thought i'd lost the little spring out of my flexi head rachet from them and they said it was covered under their products lifetime guarantee and if i sent it back they would replace it!

welshpug

I've found the same difference between the 2 brands, i.e not that much! found the draper expert stuff a little nicer, especially the spanners.

Sealey do their own cheaper range, called Siegen, when I started working for a haulage company I needed 3 new ratchets so I got the 3 for less than £20 (1/2" 3/8" and 1/4") the half inch drive lasted 4 weeks and the ratchet gave up, but I got a replacement with not quibble within a day or two.

good tip, which I'm sure many have heard before, buy cheap tools, and replace the stuff that wears out/breaks with more expensive kit.

means the Snapon/Mac man gets less of your cash :(

Alan_M

Draper do a 'value' set too, which is probably the s*itest tools I've ever used. The 13mm scoket disentegrated when tightening a chainsaw belt.

Although, out of those two Draper for me. The normal 'pro' is very good.

Sign in to follow this