• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
NeilGTi85

Window Washer Jets - Motor

steve@cornwall
I've got the same problem, i made a mistake of ordering new washer pump before i even checked the wiring. Now I will have to dig deep under the steering wheel. I hear that the whole swith is hard to open and there is lot's of small springs which might pop out.

But the stalk from any 205 will fit - get down the scrappy!

Para

Show me a scrap yard in Ireland where i can find broken 205 and I will prase you ! :blush::o

but the idea is good, more expensive and less satisfying but still it is an option

Phil H

Just to update a rather old post, I got Saxo / Xsara washer jets for my 205, but although the spray pattern is mega, as I have an auto bonnet, they squirt under the wipers and apear non adjustable.

This is the angle they have to be set at to pass the MOT.

P1010662.jpg

platty

Are they the 'sprinkler' type?

Phil H

I guess so, water comes out in a flat line. Are you suggesting they are adjustable ?

platty

Not at all, I was looking for a suitable donor car as a want a pair also :lol:

Phil H
Not at all, I was looking for a suitable donor car as a want a pair also :lol:

Well you can have mine ! Two days old and with receipt !!!!

Gomyself some 309 twin jet jobbies now.

steve@cornwall

An excuse to resurrect this small vid - twin jet 306 nozzles AND 405 spray bars.......

th_MOV00019.jpg

humanz
Just to update a rather old post, I got Saxo / Xsara washer jets for my 205, but although the spray pattern is mega, as I have an auto bonnet, they squirt under the wipers

With my non-auto bonnet, they squirt above the wipers...Still seem a bit low, but acceptable. They were a direct fit. Only problems I've had were partially blocked lines to the washer jets. One of the jets actually stopped working because of all the crud inside it. I removed the jet, soaked it in washer fluid, and got a can of compressed air and blew the air through the nozzle. They've been working fine ever since. But I've been wondering if a more powerful washer motor wouldn't help things along anyways....

Ok...tbh I've been eying a 406 single outlet washer pump for a long time... :rolleyes:

Veero
An excuse to resurrect this small vid - twin jet 306 nozzles AND 405 spray bars.......

th_MOV00019.jpg

That has to be the least exciting 205 GTi video EVER. :unsure:

richsmells

I think I need a new pump as when I pull the stalk, it makes all the right noises but nothing comes out the jets (306 items). On closer inspection the fluid is just pissing out the bottom of the pump.

Veero

Could be a perished hose, I took mine off the other day to make a custom fluid reservoir, clipped it back on over the nozzle on the pump and it didn't seal because the plastic had hardened and got all brittle.

powermandan

Halfords stock universal replacement twin jets. think i paid £8 for a pair but saved messing around with scrappys

GLPoomobile

I've got a 406 motor (not OE though, but a good quality replacement from eBay), new hosing wrapped around a coolant hose for heated washer fluid :lol: , and 307 'mist' jets. I'm not overly impressed with the 307 jets TBH.

MiD

At work and just been outside to have a cigarette whilst I sat in the car. Played with the windscreen wash and found out my 205 STDT has twin nozzles. They work really well, especially now I've filled up the washer bottle. OE on the car, not sure about the rest of the diesel range.

MerlinGTI

Thank Christ im not the only sad bastard eyeing up other makes/models washer jets for my 205!

Winner so far is late (02ish) punto jets. Come out in a 'blade' shape, and the jets them self look quite sleek. Dunno if they will fit the 205 holes in the bonnet though, may need some minor surgery.

I feel even sader now Ive shared my washer jet fetish.

platty

I'm glad you did though B)

Oberon

Yo MID my STDT has spray bars standard, they beat old style spray jets any day.

Oh the only reason this topic caught my eye is I replaced me wiper blades with cool shiny Bosch ones today and topped the fluid up, Honest.

You are all very sad people with far too much time on your hands.........................................

Avoid washer jet dilemmas get clip on spray bars today they're the bees.

:)

steve@cornwall
Yo MID my STDT has spray bars standard, they beat old style spray jets any day.

Oh the only reason this topic caught my eye is I replaced me wiper blades with cool shiny Bosch ones today and topped the fluid up, Honest.

You are all very sad people with far too much time on your hands.........................................

Avoid washer jet dilemmas get clip on spray bars today they're the bees.

:)

It's not either / or - it's BOTH :huh: even Seagull guano is no match

muddatrucker
At work and just been outside to have a cigarette whilst I sat in the car. Played with the windscreen wash and found out my 205 STDT has twin nozzles. They work really well, especially now I've filled up the washer bottle. OE on the car, not sure about the rest of the diesel range.

I've been sat in the exact same STDT today, (I've owned it for a while) my washers are making the right whizzing noise, but other than bubbling out of the holes its not being projected onto the screen - I'm hoping that means the pump or a hole in the hose? as they're cheap fixes.

GLPoomobile

Yeah, a new pump and/or new washer tubing. Both are cheap even brand new, unless you are tighter than a nats minge :lol:

Edited by GLPoomobile