• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
HERMAN

Dash Board/clocks Bezel

HERMAN

Has any body had the clock bezel flocked before? My car was brought with the bezel painted red by some t#t. I could get another one but if I could get it flocked I think it would look cool and help stop sun dazzel????

Does any body know of some were to get it done in the midlands?? :)

HERMAN

Thanks mate

welshpug

can't remember the name of the company but I think DES developments use a local company in the midlands, they had a big sticker on Tony Lynch's stockhatch 205.

HERMAN

Cheers guys i have sent some enquirys out to a couple of places. I am trying find out how good the Frosts Co flocking kit is. Has any body had any experence of this??

dirtdog

It's worth finding out if they can apply some sort of UV protection. I thought about flocking a dash before but I got told the sun fades it, bleaches it almost. I know all the rally cars etc have got good condition ones but I assume they spend 75% of their time locked up in a garage...

bren_1.3

the frost kit is ok. ive used it on several small items and trim bits on the dash of my 106.

its a case of practice makes perfect.

id be confident to try a full dash now, but even then i wouldnt get the results a pro could get with the proper equipment and tools... and theres a definate difference i can assure you.

on my rally car im not all that fussed about finish though so ill be doing mine with the DIY frost kit.

HERMAN

Thanks for that Miles @ pugracing can do it for me for about £30 so I am going to give him a try.

Thanks again guy's

platty

Supply a flocking kit, or have your dash flocked?

dirtdog

I have been informed that

"if dashboards are flocked with nylon flock the coating is very colour fast and is fairly good at resisting sun fading.

Rayon flock fades fairly quickly in the sunlight."

tom_m

my dash cowling is with mr pugracing (miles) at the moment, so i'll post up the results (or miles can) when its done.

Edited by tom_m

platty

Excellent, im interested to see the results as I want my whole dash doing soonish.

engine killer

Has anyone tried DIY flocking the dash surround before? Wanted to see if that is possible to diy and the result. Sad there is no such flocking service available in Hong Kong.

thanks

base-1

Speak to a local race team, they'll know how to get it done

Baz

Speak to Miles as it say above, he can offer this now. :D

Edited by Baz

engine killer
Speak to a local race team, they'll know how to get it done

they can have cheap carbon fiber dash at low cost, so flocking is not on their list. :D

base-1

Ask a different race team then :) carbon fibre reflects light terribly! Someone over there must know something, otherwise you're going to have to post abroad, which is ghey.

craig f90

Miles. He is very fast at getting stuff to you, and he is a perfectionist when it comes to quality.

Sign in to follow this