• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
skeggyrik

4 Branch 4-2-1 Manifold. Back To Back Comparison

skeggyrik

Does anyone have any back to back comparisons before and after the fitting of 4-2-1 manifold to an Mi16?

I've never seen anyone post any info about the gains. What do the manufactures claim?

I want to replace the re-angled manifold and Mongoose that was fitted to the car before i pulled it apart with a 4-2-1 manifold but they aren't cheap. My other 205 had one fitted and it went well but is it really worth it?? They are around £150 - £200 second hand and around £300 new :blush:

jackherer

I took a slightly cracked 4-2-1 off a 2.0 S16 for repairs and temporarily replaced the standard cast manifold and its definitely left it with a lot less power. It has previously been rolling roaded at 149bhp at the wheels and it did feel significantly quicker than standard Mi16s but without the manifold it feels just like a 1.9 Mi. Its a 2.0 S16 block and head with a 1.9 Mi16 inlet cam, rocker cover, inlet manifold and ECU/loom.

Obviously its a pretty unusual configuration and I haven't rolling roaded it with the factory manifold but I am now certain they give a healthy increase which is something I was previously doubtful of.

Bally

Had a 4-2-1 on mine and had trhe car tuned with management and Tb's, took it off to have it reapired and put back on the std manifold, and the car sputtered really bad, when I hooked up the wideband the car was too rich, meaning it was flowing less air now.

Miles

One thing I;ve always been meaning to do but never had the time to do it as I hate the std manifold with a passion due to the access of the thing,

But with similar mods to other engine's one fitted with the 4-2-1 are up around 5>10bhp (circa 200bhp engines)

Alan_M

Can you get the 4-2-1 manifolds for GTi6's yet?

welshpug
Can you get the 4-2-1 manifolds for GTi6's yet?

yes, though there's not really any point unless you're chasing big bhp I would imagine seeing as the factory Group A 306's retained them at around 240 bhp.

Miles

Yes I can get them made to spec, Don;t expect them to be cheap, I know that maniflow sell one Aka Pug Performace I belive) as seen on Garry's car which doesn;t help torque I belive as it's all un-equal length's.

NNN

Maybe a little bit offtopic... but how many hp are achievable with the std 1.9mi16 8-2-1 manifold?

Edited by NNN

Sign in to follow this