• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tom_m

Rad Lowering And Intercooler Installation

tom_m
Hmm, now where I have seen that before!!

But the intercooler fit's a treat, Not sure if it's a 2WD or 4WD drive one thou

lol spooky i must have absorbed it without realising at pugfest! :) i bet you've mounted yours low enough to use the bonnet catch too haven't you :lol:

thats a 2wd with the right angle outlet on top. the 4wd one has the outlet straight up, leaving me no room to use it because its too close to the slam panel, so i've blanked it off.

Rob Turbo
nice tread. i tried to fitt a 2wd cossie cooler like that to my turbo conversion but the IC was too close to the inlet manifold. no matter how many short silicone hose i bought and cut up i couldnt get it to fitt :)

I does fit, I had a 4wd one in my 205, you need to shorten the legs on the silicon hoses and cut bits off the back of the grill to get it back on, or leave the grill off like I did before I chopped the grill down!

All Praise The GTI

was told mine is a 2wd one. one outlet comes out on the piss and one is straight. yeah i think the 4wd one is thicker. i tried cutting loads hoses down and etc but it was too tight a fitt. maybe i was just being a T*T :blush:

Henry Yorke

Looks neat Tom. Won't the bottom drop even lower with an engine in though? Could you have not popped a shorter rad in there?

This is mine prior to getting painted

post-3457-1220728478_thumb.jpg

This was my NASA derived way of lowering the rad!

post-3457-1220728623_thumb.jpg

Even with one fan, I never have any water temp issues.

Actually looking at my pics yours does look more impressive :)

tom_m
Looks neat Tom. Won't the bottom drop even lower with an engine in though? Could you have not popped a shorter rad in there?

Actually looking at my pics yours does look more impressive :P

the TD rad is slightly shorter and i haven't got £300 for an alloy short jobbie

it will indeed drop lower with the engine in, but i'm ignoring that fact for now :D

Sign in to follow this