• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Baz

Mot Advice!

Baz
That shouldnt have passed if it had rear seats fitted at time of test with no rear belts unless yours is pre 1st April 1987, If the rear seats are unaccesable it should of failed on that too.

Good point actually, i read it at first as the other way round! :)

large
That shouldnt have passed if it had rear seats fitted at time of test with no rear belts unless yours is pre 1st April 1987, If the rear seats are unaccesable it should of failed on that too.

Why would he fail it on unaccesable rear seats? what has that got to do with the road worthiness of the car? I am not saying your wrong all I am saying is if you cant use the back seats why have belts, it just sounds like common sense to me, but when has any thing to do with the m.o.t had any thing to do with common sense.

Baz
<_< true! it does seem alot of testers are full of hot air/trying to fill their pockets...

t16ryan
Why would he fail it on unaccesable rear seats? what has that got to do with the road worthiness of the car? I am not saying your wrong all I am saying is if you cant use the back seats why have belts, it just sounds like common sense to me, but when has any thing to do with the m.o.t had any thing to do with common sense.

If they are unuseable why are they still in there?

Baz

<_<

There's more to it than thinking like that Ryan. For starters, alot of competition regs still require the rear seats to be fitted for std. classes etc.

Edited by Baz

large

^^^^^^^^^ Well done that man. Road rally car, needs all its seats.

t16ryan

I didnt realise you where talking about a racr car, well if it has its seats in, it needs belts as said :( only because you cant access the seats doesnt mean they WONT be used, If you cannot gain access to a testable item it is a fail.

Sign in to follow this