• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
r.u.sure

205 Gti-6 Issues

r.u.sure

Hi

I'm really hoping that somebody can help with a couple of issues I'm having with my 205 Gti-6 at the moment.

The first problem, it seems to have a misfire when the engines cold, which disappears when the oil and water are up to temp.

The 2nd problem, lent the car to somebody as they're doing a 6 conversion so they could follow the wiring looms etc, on the way home stopped in a queue of traffic and when i went to drive off as soon as i put my foot on the accelerator the car nearly cut out, I've also noticed I'm getting intermittent random flat spots on the throttle, just wondering if there's a possibility he may have dislodged something some where, obviously I'll ask him to have a look around when I see him, but was hoping I could sort it before then

I've recently changed the MAP sensor and the temperature sensor that fits in the thermostat housing and also cleaned the ICV.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Dave

Edited by r.u.sure

Spiky

fuel pump sound ok?

was it low on fuel? (just thinking it may be dragging crap up)

is the fuel filter new?

Bakes100

Sounds like it could be lambda mate, where abouts in the rev range are the flatspots?

NeilGTi85

I'm having the same prob at the mo, I've been reserching this and quite afew people on the gti6 forum are having the same trouble.

It could either be the lambda, fuel pump, map sensor.......thats just from what people on the gti6 forum have done to cure there's.

Im about to order a new sensor to see if that helps.

I'm also going to check the coil packs, I know if one's on the way out you'll get a missfire.

I'll let you know if the new sensor cures it,

Neil

r.u.sure

Thanks very much for the replies :lol:

Spiky, the fuel pump sounds ok to me, it primes up ok and I can hear it working if I lift the back seat up. Never really let it get below quarter tank and the fuel filter was changed recently. Think I might try changing the fuel pump anyway.

Bakes100, lambda is fairly new, but will try unplugging it and see if it makes any difference, the flatspots seem to be under 3500 rpm, but saying that it sometimes feels like it wants to die completely for a second or so when changing down for roundabouts or going uphill at about 3500 rpm, if I hold it at just over 2500 rpm on a flat road it feels like it's missing.

NeilGTi85, lambda and map sensor are both fairly new, so may try changing the fuel pump if unplugging the lambda doesn't cure it, might have a go at checking/changing the coil packs, throttle position switch and air temperature sensor, not really that switched on when it comes to checking electrical stuff though.

Hope the new sensor cures your problem for you.

Will keep this updated as and when I've done anything.

Thanks again

Dave

NeilGTi85

Cheers Dave, will be good to know what you find out

Neil

24seven

lambda, map sensor, engine coolant temp sensor or the idle control valve I reckon. I've just given away a free early type (big square plug) map sensor to someone on the gti6 forum, otherwise I'd offer you that.

r.u.sure

If it is the map or coolant sensor they'll be going back for a refund, they're only a couple of months old :lol:

Shame you got rid of the map sensor would of been good to try another one.

Thanks anyway

Dave

Sign in to follow this