• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
1 FAT PUG

Where To Start.?

1 FAT PUG

my 92 1.9 has developed a little problem, it splutters a bit but the clears and when you let off to change gear and put the gas back down it dies for a little bit then will pick up again, anyone know where to start looking, mainly only does it when cold aswell, cheers in advance :)

dcc

same issue i had.

new headgasket for me,

does yours rev freely when stood still, but when in gear it happens tryign to pull away?

if so, it might be worth getting the water checked for oil.

1 FAT PUG

looks ok, oil clean and water looks clean, so i dont think its that

BusEngineer

Just check there is no damp or water down any spark plug holes, thats what was up with mine after id left it stood for 3 weeks :)

mercury

did u check if its electrical related?

check the condition of the wire that connects to the dizzy. Check that u are getting very good spark all the way through.

Cheers,

Merc

1 FAT PUG

took all leads off the dizzy cap and they all seem to be pretty clean, didnt take them off plug side tho as sometimes they pull ends off, just gave them a wiggle, seem`d ok aswell on way to work, so i think it might be one of them problems that you will have to leave to develop :)

Sign in to follow this