• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
iamjackiechan

Mi16 Performance Parts

iamjackiechan

hi

Im starting to get all the parts together for the rebuild of my mi16, which im planning on hitting the 200bhp mark on. so ive been looking for companies that supply performance parts, the only company i can find is hifloheads, and adding it all up its going to cost the best part of £5000. me being a student and doing this for my end of year project, this price is impossible.

does anyone know of any other tuning companies that may have better prices.

cheers

Miles

Have a look at the Main Forum Sponscer and well of course me. :(

danpug

Pm sandy or colin satchell (eeyore) for the cheapest and quite possibly best throttle bodie setup around. That alone would get you nearly there. Will you be rebuilding yourself?

petert

try double u double u double u taylor dash eng dot com

jackherer
try double u double u double u taylor dash eng dot com

:unsure:

feel free to post a proper link if you like :D

iamjackiechan

hi

yea im planning on doing all the skimming porting polishing balancing etc etc, myself as my uni has amazing facilities, also it would look better in an end of year hnd motorsport engineering project if i did that myself, so only looking for parts.

has anyone else on the forum managed to get 200bhp out of there mi for not to much money

cheers

Miles

200bhp is easy if you use the right parts and built the engine as it should, To give you a idea mine with TB's, ECU (At the time a Luminition) Kent reground cam's, 4-2-1 Exhaust manifold (Mine) and nothing else gave 199bhp, the head was standard as was even the cam pullies.

I know RR's can be over rated but this was on Owen Develpments so is pretty good and even slightly low

petert

Miles is right, you just need to use the right parts and build it properly. Do a search for a thread by a member Mattsav (QEP). He built a similar spec. engine and was around 196hp from memory. The key in my mind is minimum squish height and maximum compression, along with a std. head that is built properly. It's well documented on my website.

iamjackiechan

thats really helpful, i was planning on replacing all internals.

how do the the standard internals cope with the increase in power.

have you had any kind of problems.

porter_bmx

i've got twin 45s, stage 3 head, longman inlet and exhaust manifold and is running 209bhp did'nt cost me too much. :)

Ethos

What sort of cost are people looking at to get the standard mi up to 200bhp, £1k? :)

Miles

Just use some good Rod bolt's and the rest is fine, As simple as that to a degree anyway

danpug
What sort of cost are people looking at to get the standard mi up to 200bhp, £1k? :)

And the rest tom!! :ph34r:

pugman211

as a guess i think your looking around

throttle bodies £1500???

4-2-1 £280 iirc from miles??

reground cams around the £250 mark

or am i way off the score here?? lol

Guest Frittjoff

is it a j4z or a j4?

i did this to mine j4z

skimmed the bottom 1.6mm

skimmed the head 0.6mm

0.5mm deaper valve cutouts

std intake std exhaust

std cams

and it was like a new engine!

throttel boddies or 45s and u should be close to 200bhp`

as for the internals here a couple of guys here in swe who runs high boost on std internals with good result even up to 400bhp!

/Fidde

Edited by Frittjoff

petert
i did this to mine j4z

skimmed the bottom 1.6mm

skimmed the head 0.6mm

0.5mm deaper valve cutouts

std intake std exhaust

std cams

Nice work! That should be just over 11:1. However, I couldn't resist using some more inlet duration with that spec.

iamjackiechan

i was just thinking for the bottom end, knife edging and balancing the crankshaft, balance and litening the flywheel.

and then for the head ported, polished, skimmed, big valves and fast road cams and then run it on carbs, would love to run it on TB's just to expensive. this should hopefully give me 200bhp.

Guest jimfai
i've got twin 45s, stage 3 head, longman inlet and exhaust manifold and is running 209bhp did'nt cost me too much. :lol:

that sounds like my engine set up but i am having a hard time with the carbs omn mine, what are you jet and needle settings if i can ask? thanks jim

Sign in to follow this