• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SPGTi

Haltech E6x Ecu

SPGTi

Does anyone have any experience with this ECU ? It just seems quite good value if you buy it from the States as it comes with wiring harness and other bits and bobs.

cheers

Steve

Powers

They are very good ecu's the full spec and be seen here;

http://www.haltech.com/

And with Petert and Magic you should get lots of help.

I have a friend that has a new E8 for sale with loom. PM me if you are interested.

Tom Fenton

Only comment I'll make is before buying an ECU make sure you can find someone who is familiar with it to map it once installed.

petert

It's simple stupid to tune if you have a laptop. Haltech started the laptop tune revolution but lost the court case, preventing everyone copying the technology, back in '91-92 from memory. Let me know if you need some help.

SPGTi

Peter,

Any specifics on the E6X, I take it this is the base model. I am looking to control fuel and ignition on a GTi6 engine (std), using the std flywheel and as many std sensors as possible. I have a WB lambda so would also like the system to be able to run closed loop. Is mapping on TPS or MAP or both ?

Powers,

Pm me with a ballpark price for the E8 system. What does this offer over the E6X ?

cheers

Steve

petert
Peter,

Any specifics on the E6X, I take it this is the base model. I am looking to control fuel and ignition on a GTi6 engine (std), using the std flywheel and as many std sensors as possible. I have a WB lambda so would also like the system to be able to run closed loop. Is mapping on TPS or MAP or both ?

Powers,

Pm me with a ballpark price for the E8 system. What does this offer over the E6X ?

cheers

Steve

I haven't personally used the E8 but Magic has. The E6X does most things you need from a 4cyl. ie sequential fuel, wasted spark etc. Triggering from Motronic 60-2 is fine. It will map via TPS or MAP. It can't do a combination of both however, ie fuel on TPS, ignition on MAP. Although I believe the E8 can, as can Autronic and Motec. They all do closed loop, thermo fans, turbo, variable intake, tacho out etc. You'll need an E8 for launch control however. Not sure on pricing. Cheaper than Autronic and Motec however. But they are full sequential/direct fire, race quality.

Sign in to follow this