• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie-Van-GTi

Inbuilt Correction Allowances?

Richie-Van-GTi

Just wondering how far can a standard map correct itself via lambda readings etc?

Im mainly looking into running a standard xu10j4r with standard ecu from an xu10j2c. Will it fuel well enough to just dump it in and drive away? My best guess would be to somehow measure the opening times of the injectors at a set RPM for an xu10j4r running standard management and compare it against opening times of a standard xu10j2c at the same RPM's?

I know the advance curve etc its something to also consider as it may be way off particularly as the engine should be coming on cam and may have to be strobed at various intervals to check.

I think it may be a case it will run fine, maybe missing a few ponies and slightly flat in spots but not be dangerously lean etc?

Can anyone advise or comment as it will be my daily hack, hence no time for loom splicing and remapping etc. The bottom end is getting a touch noisy on the 8 valve dont fancy dropping another gutless motor in, would rather dump the 16 valve in.

pug_ham

While fuelling might not be to far out the igntion timing will be due to the differences betwen a single & twin cam engine imo. (8v uses much more advance iirc)

It could risk holing a piston under certain loads iirc from what Wayne @ chipwisards tild Andy_R when he fitted MP3.1 to his Mi16.

Graham.

Richie-Van-GTi

Thanks for replying, thats exactly the kind of thing I was worried about, the cost of remapping to suit the engine far outweighs the benefits, all Im looking for is a bit more poke for towing in the 405 at minimal efforts.

Guess I'll just go with the 2.0 8v swap as I have an unlocked ecu and can get an engine for peanuts.

Cheers

Anthony

Also, remember that a lambda is only any good in "closed loop" conditions (which I think is only hot idle and cruise - not cold start and WOT) and usually only has a small percentage range of adjustment on the built in map.

Richie-Van-GTi

Thats the main reason I asked TBH, I know the lambda is only 'active' during certain conditions and while granted they are normal running periods they are also limited as you say by temperature and change's in revs.

Can anyone conrifm the 1.8 8v is 100bhp and the 2.0 8v is 122bhp? If thats the case then I'll just use the 2.0 for now. 20% increase isnt too bad for time and effort I reckon.

Anthony
Can anyone conrifm the 1.8 8v is 100bhp and the 2.0 8v is 122bhp? If thats the case then I'll just use the 2.0 for now. 20% increase isnt too bad for time and effort I reckon.

That's correct, and it's got more torque as well like you'd expect

Sign in to follow this