• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Stu

309 Gti Vs 309 Base Model Vs 306 D Turbo Trailing Arms

Stu

Howdy all,

I finally managed to drop really lucky on a mint base model 309 beam, its got small t/b's, and no anti roll bar..

So, i have at my disposal the radius arms from the base model beam which are good (shafts are mint) or a pair of 306 D Turbo trailing arms with mint shafts, both are drum braked so will require the stub axles removing and swapping for my disk ones from the old scrap 309 GTI beam i bought initially.

I do have the 309 GTI trailing arms too, but the shafts are dead.

So, the plan is to use my 309 GTI t/b's and arb in the base model tube, but which trailing arms are favourite to use? I know the GTI-6 arms have a bit more negative camber than anything else, and a lot of toe, does this apply to the D Turbo arms too? Are the base model 309 arms the same as 309 GTI bar the stub axles?

What would you guys recommend? Im running 309 stuff on the front with billies and -40mm springs if that makes any difference. :)

Stu

Anyone? :)

Garry
Anyone? :)

Try a search, there is loads of info on this already. :)

Sign in to follow this