• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JamieTonks

[engine_work] Non Peugeot Forged Engine Work

JamieTonks

Hi. I know its nothing to do with a pug but though some people might find the work been done interesting.

I bought in January a totaly standard Jap import Evo 9 with 8,000 miles on it

CIMG0676-vi.jpg

Anyway. As soon as i had the car i had it put on a RR and it made a calculated 326bhp atf which is great power for a standard car.

Anyway that lasted about a week and i wanted more power so i sent the car to Race Solutions in Silverstone to have what they call a 400/400 conversion. + antilag and launch control

Anyway half a day later the car made 405bhp and 396ft/lb. Durning the last few weeks ive had a carbon fixation, and had an AMS racing intercooler fitted + a set of 17" Rota torques and Yoko a048r's

CIMG0785-vi.jpg

CIMG0787-vi.jpg

CIMG0790-vi.jpg

CIMG0792-vi.jpg

So that brings us up to the current day. On monday im having the car sent to RG morosport to have the bottom end forged. This will be some wiesco pistons, manley rods, all the ARP bits and bobs and HKS head gasket,

Im also having some rc750cc injectors fitted a Mynes manifold and a dirty bit ATP GT3076 Turbo. Not sure about the sort of power i will make from this but the mapper i use reckons around 520-530bhp. Ive also bought a set of GSC s1 cams which i will only use if the MIVEC (variable cams which an evo 9 comes with) dont make the desired power :)

This is the new turbo

gt30765.jpg

Should be quite simply a lethal road car and should finaly be the car to replace my old pug :lol: in terms or sheer entertainment anyway.

will get the pictures on the go from Monday

Edited by JamieTonks

projectpug

Looks very very nice always fancied one. One thing is though for me it couldn't replace a 205 mainly due to them being totally different however as you mentioned should make a entertaining drive. I hope you are going to take it out on track as 520 hp for just the road is fairly mental :lol:

Keep us updated,

Phil

dean

tell me to sod off if you want but what sort of price are you talking to get that power

Edited by dean

projectpug

Im guessing more than 10k ....ontop of the car

boldy205
:lol::o:o:o:o My god, im strugling financialy to build my GTi6 205!! Fair play, thats one hell of a car! s*it scarry though!!

Bonzai

you've got far too much money young man!

my boss recently bought a "9" with approximately 700bhp :lol:

S13Nick

looks amazing. im also a fan of jap cars, mainly because i've owned a few 200sx's and yea it looks like its going be good with all the stuff you have brought, whats to be brought next? :lol:

JamieTonks

700bhp dear god. I def couldnt afford to build a 700bhp car. Their is a 620bhp car for sale on the MLR and i belive it cost over 60k to build and he want 30k for it.

Also i use this every day and i think i would end up in a hedge if i had that sort of power.

TBH it aint far off 10k for all the work. Didnt think it was till i just added it up lol. A user on the MLR has just had his car mapped using the same turbo as me and made 531bhp last friday so if i make anything close to that i will be made up.

I dropped the car of yesterday at RG motorsport. I booked the car in their a couple of months ago and was very clear with the boss their that i needed the car turned around in a short time. we spoke about less than a week.

Anyway yesterday i took the car down their (horrible drive some 190 mile) anyway. He reckons it will be done for wednesday as they have booked no cars in for the next 3 days other than services.

I dont want my car rushed but was well impressed that they dont plan to have my car for months like some pug tunners i have used in the past :lol:

will get some pics up later

Powers

Awesome. Keep the pics and info coming.

kyepan

a mate had a 400bhp evo6 makinen, pretty severe acceleration, ran out of gears too quickly in 2nd, 3rd. It was more than enough for any road, but still pretty accessible in terms of lag. I hear 2.2 stroker kits are quite favoured when going for larger turbos to help keep the lag down.

he's now got one of the fastest dc5 integra's in the country, and has just discovered motorcycles....

lord knows how much money you evo lot spend on cars!!!

ricky123
:wub: that looks realy nice

returnofjim

Very nice :wub: pisses all over any scoob anyday :wub:

cybernck

so does the standard transmission cope with all these power hikes? :wub:

Dino

That looks like a lovely EVO but I think you will ruin it with all the extra power IMHO.

I've been in EVOs before and the sweet spot seems to be around the 340bhp mark - anymore and they feel like total animals and almost undriveable.

Jamie - can you get me a job in Tescos then? Seems they must pay well!! :)

S13Nick
so does the standard transmission cope with all these power hikes? :)

IIRC the evo box can take upto about 650ish, but then recommend an os giken box or if u got mega money Hks

after all its not a scooby those gearbox's are S**t

JamieTonks
so does the standard transmission cope with all these power hikes? :)

Yeah nik the whole thing is quite good other than the clutch which struggles from anything up from 380ft/lb. Ive had to go for an Exedy twin plate clutch which i carnt get over how bloody expensive it is.

You do push the problem down to the next weakest point which is the AYC and GSR diff. You can change to a diff from an RS model and ditch the AYC. However if you dont launch the car you should be fine, or are realitivly sympathetic on the track.

The box itself as mentioned thends to cope with 650bhp. I Suppose its all how you drive the thing. You can break a box and diff on standard power. Yet some people get away with it at 700bhp.

DINIO........

Yes i still work for Tesco mate. LOL. I dont fill the shelves you know nor collect trollys.

I understand that around 350hp they are very nice to drive. 5 years ago the holy grail for evo's was 400/400. However as that is so easy now and is regarded as the best level to have you evo. (comparing my car with 400hp to the fq400 is so different as mine has almost no lag due to standard turbo)

I went in a genuine 480bhp 5 RS last week and was blown away with how quick it is. Ive got to be honnest it does turn them into a total animal. However due to almost no power below 4,000 you can drive it slow off boost. Its just between 4,000 andd 4,500 rpm its goes mental. He had an issue with something in his ECU so had it looked at the weekend and made 531bhp using the same ATP turbo as im going for :lol:

Jamie

Dino
Yes i still work for Tesco mate. LOL. I dont fill the shelves you know nor collect trollys.

Yeah I kind of guessed you weren't a shelf stacker LOL - the only reason I know you work for Tescos is I remember seeing your 205 GTi in a magazine years ago (back when you had a '6 lump in it) and the article mentioned Tesco!

Will be interesting to see what the EVO 9 is like when you have done it all - but knowing you, you will sell it when it's done!!

JamieTonks
Yeah I kind of guessed you weren't a shelf stacker LOL - the only reason I know you work for Tescos is I remember seeing your 205 GTi in a magazine years ago (back when you had a '6 lump in it) and the article mentioned Tesco!

Will be interesting to see what the EVO 9 is like when you have done it all - but knowing you, you will sell it when it's done!!

Na this aint going anywhere mate. Love it to bits. Regretted selling my last one to much. Ive had this 8 months now though so im doing well lol.

JamieTonks

not a great pics but was sent this one this morning.

its all done now though

pick it up thursday. all internals done and new turbo and manifold fitted :lol:

NewImage-vi.gif

Ben_M

Lovely Always wanted a Evo 9 in white. had to settle for silver as all the white 9 mr 360's had sold at the time I ordered mine. :)

Best colour for an Evo, with a nice amount of power. enjoy!

Ethos

Awesome, looks great. Vids of this when it's done please :)

I'd love an Evo but the servicing costs / intervals put me off so much! (Read I don't have enough money).

JamieTonks

ive got to be honest they aint cheap but no where near as dear as i thought they were. standard service is £190, up to a max of £450

Ethos

Every 3k? What's the standard service, just an oil / filter change?

JamieTonks

its every 4,500 i ll have you know lol

its oil, filter, and ACY stuff

base-1

And gearbox, transfer box and rear diff. All 5 oils, every service :)

Nice car, be interested to hear how it drives. I miss Evos, fapping great cars.