• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
timmsy19

Mi16 Idle "chug"

timmsy19

^^ Sounds about right C_W

Mr_exe: The only advise i can give is make sure you put the intake hose onto the audi Tb properly. This was probably the hardest job i had as its very hard to keep on while doing the jubilee clip up without the pipe workingits way off.

i got my Tb ready fitted with new inlet manifold so cant give any tips on the rest of the fitment but if you follow the main site article you should be fine

Edited by timmsy19

jackherer
Mr_exe: The only advise i can give is make sure you put the intake hose onto the audi Tb properly. This was probably the hardest job i had as its very hard to keep on while doing the jubilee clip up without the pipe workingits way off.

That gets easier once the hose has been on and off a few times, it must stretch to match the shape of the new TB.

Good news that you didn't hydrolock your engine! :huh:

Phil H

Just a quick update to this thread in that my BX sourced MI16 idled perfectly in the BX, but like a pig in the 205. Tracking back, the only thing different was the airflow meter, so I put the one that was originally on the BX back on it and hey presto, perfect idle, like out the factory.

Perhaps worth checking this first, before writing off your throttle body.

timmsy19

think ive sorted it now. there is an air leak in between the Tb and the pipe that connects it to the AFM. should all be fine once ive put the mi16 one back on.

Sign in to follow this