• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Mad Professor

New Piston Rings

Mad Professor

Good Day All.

My poor pug has been off the road for some time now, I have been slowy getting all the parts to do a full engine rebuild.

I am now looking at buying the new piston rings, I don't think there is much point in going for standard piston rings, but I don't know what is the dif from standard to uprated ones.

Before I had problems with the engine is was running aprox 250bhp, once it's rebuild I am going to be aiming for 275-300bhp.

So I need somthing that is not just going to give up a year or two down the road.

What piston rings do you think I should be going for?

Thanks for your time.

Edited by Mad Professor

pdd144c

Off topic, but whats the plan to get the extra horses?

Mad Professor

pdd144c: For me to know, and for you to find out, :blush: .

vern

I am putting total seal rings in mine as we speak, hope to have it back on the road in the next couple of weeks so will report back then.

Mad Professor

As I have had very few replys so far I have desided that I am not going to use OE piston rings when I rebuild my engine.

But I still have the same problem as before what piston rings should I go for? is there a good make / bad make.

I am only going to be running a max of 1.5bar of boost.

Thanks for your time.

Sign in to follow this