• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
oli-pug

Gti-6 Heatsoak

oli-pug

Now i notice most of you guys are just using cone filters with the conversion, does no-one have any heatsoak issues when running a cone filter on a 205 gti6, even with our hugely cramped bays!? not even the track boys! :blink::lol:

I've currently just got my old green filter directly onto the throttle body but haven't used the car yet.

Would it be worthwhile trying to make up an enclosed induction system?

alync406

I would expect that an enclosed induction system would be a good idea,and a good cold air feed.The colder the air the denser it is so you should have more power. :blink:

Spiky

i dont notice, thats not to say i dont get it :blink:

so if i'm not noticing, i'm forgetting about it :lol:

Cameron

When I first built mine the inlet temps were pretty high (thankyou Emerald data logger), moving the radiator accross a few inches made a pretty huge difference!

Yes it would be 100% worth making a closed system, or at least making some sort of heatsheild.

Ethos

Isn't there a trick where you can move that rubber seal underneath the headlight? I haven't tried it myself but i'm sure i've read it somewhere, supposed to make a small difference.

Not sure on if it'd letter water in though... :ph34r:

monty69

No my 306 s16 i got some flexi hose which went from throttle body to low behind bumper corner with piperx fitted to this(from ebay, not the cheap brital metal stuff). I then removed the fog light and got some flexi metal hose with crome finisher ring to make a short duct. Not sure if there is room on 205?

James_R

As said Cam's engine was sucking in circa 50-60deg air, I'd either drop the rad and make up a scoop or go with the malteaser tub idea. (see gti6.com)

Sign in to follow this