• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
d-9

Blocking Off The Mi16 Water Outlet

d-9

Whats the best way to block off the extra water outlet on the thermostat housing on the mi?

So far Ive used a blanking cap that I got off the BX, but its bulging a bit and I dont trust it :)

Baz

Tig weld one of the outlets up is the best way... but bar doing that, the way you've done it tbh!

marksorrento205

Stu from BBM told me, when I got one of his 205 mi16 hose kits, to get a thermostat housing from a 1.6 early 205 gti. It cost me less than a tenner from pug new. I will try and dig out the part no from my invoice. This just gives you the rad top hose outlet.

marksorrento205

Part no , I think so check with pug!, is

1337 84 water outlet

d-9

Ahh I mean the water outlet on the back, where the heater matrix bypass pipe used to be connected. Guess I could get it tig'd but it seems like hassle as Ive only got mig :)

Anyone got hte part no for the hose blanking caps?

Miles

I always get mine Tigged up as it's more reliable than a cap in my way of thinking, I have these in stock if intrested and can do a PX too

Sign in to follow this