• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Theo205

205 Gti 1.9 Injectors Replacement

Theo205

As above, I have been thinking of replacing the old orange 1.9 injectors (0-280-150-762) with new bosch injectors of similar flow rate.

As far as I know the -762 BOSCH injector (orange) has a flow rate of 20.35 lb/h (213.9 cc/min) and is HIGH impedance.

Ive come across some brand new bosch injectors that are if similar flow rate, about 18.25 lb/h and high impedance aswell.

The question is: Do you think that they will fit and will the slightly lower flow rate affect performance that much?

Thanks

Theo

Doof

Thats 10% less fuel that the engine will be expecting, imo a bad idea. Just get your original injectors ASNU cleaned if you're worried...PM Mad professor on here, he does ASNU cleaning i believe.

Theo205
Thats 10% less fuel that the engine will be expecting, imo a bad idea. Just get your original injectors ASNU cleaned if you're worried...PM Mad professor on here, he does ASNU cleaning i believe.

Already had them done and are still leaky....

Regarding fuel quantity, can't I just adjust that by raising fuel pressure from 3 bar to approx 3.3bar on the adjustable fuel regulator?

Doof

You'd need to raise the pressure to approx 4 bar to get 20.52lb/hr flow. So long as your regulator can do that you should be fine.

Theo205
You'd need to raise the pressure to approx 4 bar to get 20.52lb/hr flow. So long as your regulator can do that you should be fine.

Isn't 4 bar too much? How did you calculate that?

And do you think the standard fuel pump will take it?

Theo

Doof

Try this calculator...http://www.witchhunter.com/injectorcalc1.php4

Its not a direct relationship between pressure and flow unfortunately. I suspect the original pump would be fine at that pressure but i'm only saying that from what i've read in books and on here, i have no actual experience of trying it.

New injectors can be had off ebay for about 60 quid a set, i got some from america, 120 quid for 8 or something.

Richie-Van-GTi

Personally Id get larger flowing injectors and drop the pressure to suit, going higher is putting strain on whats probably already a tired fuel pump.

Sign in to follow this