• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

Replacing Sun Roof

djinuk

I have a electtric sun roof on my 205 that fits the exact same as the sliding one, i have had it apart today and its knackered, and rusty broken un fixable, so because of this i want to replace it, my initial thought is simply riving a sheet of carbon fibre/thin 2 mm steel/alu. but where abouts can i go to get this ?

daza4

Got mine from a local fabricators have a look in yellow pages or something mate for one locally to you.

djinuk

looked a bit more, and i think im going to replace the lot for a vacum sun roof unit, not sure though, ohh the choices,

projectpug

Just replaced mine with alloy sheet this weekend , cost me £34 delivered for the aluminium its 1.5 mm thick and cut to the exact size of the sunroof-let me know if you need to know the sellers name. Also managed to smash the original and get covered in glass and shrards so i would try to avoid breaking it :D .

djinuk

lol cheers mate, was that to replace the full sliding factory sunroof, , if its cut to the exact size how to you fit it , if you get me, as surely it needs to overlap to allow for the use of rivits ?

projectpug

Yes it is for the 205 sliding sunroof, It does overlap the only thing i had to modify was the corners to make it look like the original. If you need any more info let me know .

Thanks

Phil

timb1046

have you get the measurements for this, as im looking to get a plate made up. would be good to have some measurements to double check mine against.

cheers

Tim

tonycj

Hi, was the electric sunroof a vacuum sunroof ?

if it was i'd be interested in your electric parts left? as i havent heard of an electric vacuum roof before.

Many Thanks,

Tony.

djinuk

nah, it looks just like the vacume but dosent seem to work the same (no vacume present) it jst slides in the same way , however using a motor and runners (the runners are rusted to hell and snaped, hence broke, motor etc all works fine though.

Sign in to follow this