• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kyepan

Painting The Roof And Tail Gate

kyepan

Hi there,

Girlfriends dad has a compressor and spray gun, going to try redoing the roof and tail gate, if anyone who knows what's what paint wise.. can you let me know if this is ok.

Sanding pads 180-400

SYNTHETIC GREY OXIDE PRIMER 3Kg

SYNTHETIC THINNERS 1 Ltr

CELLULOSE LACQUER 1Ltr

Paint - water based mixed to match bodywork

I'm going to go to the local bodyshop and ask them to colour match it have the supposed paint codes but its a 91 miami so a bit of a lottery.

I'm deliberatly avoiding 2pak for two reasons, 1 it's toxic and 2 its harder to use.

is there anything else i need other than masking tape / paper?

cheers

Justin.

Dan Ingram

Do you not need to go a bit finer with the sanding first? You will be able to see 400 grit through the paint.

kyepan
Do you not need to go a bit finer with the sanding first? You will be able to see 400 grit through the paint.

yer was planning to go down to 6-800

and also use filler primer..

toddydal

how bad is the roof and tailgate to start with,if it was like my roof i just scotched mine off with a grey scotch,if your using primer like said above 800w/d paper is ok to finish with

kyepan
how bad is the roof and tailgate to start with,if it was like my roof i just scotched mine off with a grey scotch,if your using primer like said above 800w/d paper is ok to finish with

the laquer went ages ago, some of it is nearly back to metal.

Batfink

Can't say I know anything but i'll help!!!

toddydal

feather all the flakey bits out with 180 then 320, do all your repairs,treat the rust,etch prime all bare metal,prime with your high build primer,rub primer down with 800 so its smooth as our lasses arse mask up and paint easy

Sign in to follow this