• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
flipperthebushkangaroo

1.6 Cti Engine Differences?

flipperthebushkangaroo

Hello,

Having been too slow off the mark to get DOOF's engine i'm on the look out again, i've seen a cti engine locally and would like some advice from you all. As far as i'm aware the CTI engine has lower output than the GTI. Is this an internal thing or is it just the setup?

Can i change the CTI engine to give GTI power or is this too expensive/difficult to be worth while.

On a slightly different topic is it easier to change the head gasket with the engine in or to remove the engine and do the job in a stand?

One last question if you don't mind as the head is coming off is it worth getting the head upgraded by someone like highflow heads?

All the above is for my 1.6 G plate

Thanks for you help in advance any advice is greatfully received.

I have tried searches for all of the above but with no luck

Roddie

steve@cornwall
Hello,

Having been too slow off the mark to get DOOF's engine i'm on the look out again, i've seen a cti engine locally and would like some advice from you all. As far as i'm aware the CTI engine has lower output than the GTI. Is this an internal thing or is it just the setup?

Can i change the CTI engine to give GTI power or is this too expensive/difficult to be worth while.

On a slightly different topic is it easier to change the head gasket with the engine in or to remove the engine and do the job in a stand?

One last question if you don't mind as the head is coming off is it worth getting the head upgraded by someone like highflow heads?

All the above is for my 1.6 G plate

Thanks for you help in advance any advice is greatfully received.

I have tried searches for all of the above but with no luck

Roddie

1.6 cti engines are 115 same as the gti- it's the 1.9 cti that got the lower compression engine.

I wouldn't remove the engine to do a h/g

Wouldn't have thought that headwork on a car with standard fuelling would be of any benefit - but I may well be wrong on that!

flipperthebushkangaroo

Thanks Steve,

Got a bit confused about the engine output after looking on parkers :)

Thanks for the input on the head gasket will have too summon up the nerve to get it done soon before it goes B)

At least you will have saved me some cash on the head will be able to spend it on the body work or interior, or perhaps a nice CTI for the annual sunny day B)

Roddie

Sign in to follow this