• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
whizzer71

What Compression

whizzer71

As per title,what compression ratio will I get on my 1.9 Gti (D6B) engine with 2.0ltr 8V head on it if I dont remove any material from the head surface (Ive heard that normally its a good idea to remove alot from the surface of these heads before fitment on the 1.9 8v engines)

Im still debating turboing my 1.9 Gti engine (as its very low mileage) and wondered if this combo/setup would lower the compression suficiently for turbo use without machining the pistons ?

Cheers

Tris

:ph34r:

Lorn

I think it's about 8.9 cr from when i was working out how much to skim of for my engine.

tony perks

which head gasket do you use when fitting this head i have looked at 4 and not found 1 i would trust to seal the oil/water ways around the ends of the block, that doesent over hang the combustion chamber?

Anthony

I just used a standard 1.9 GTi (ie 83mm bore) headgasket, and it's still going strong after over 20000 miles, including numerous trackdays.

I wasn't at all happy with the amount of sealing area on the liners when using an XU10 (ie 86mm bore) headgasket, and decided that having the firerings partly exposed in the chamber was the lesser of two evils. That said, I think that the majority of people who went down the XU10 head route did successfully use XU10 headgaskets, and they seem to hold out fine so long as you use a quality gasket.

There's also the issue with the XU10 headgaskets being a slightly different shape around the oilway, but certain makes of gasket are fine sealing on a XU9 bottom end - I don't know of the top of my head which make(s) are OK, but Mattsav at QEP should be able to advise you and supply the correct gasket if required.

tony perks

We only use quality gaskets at work, from the Ajusa, elring and Payen stables to name a few and ive checked all the options from thes manufacture's, none seal the oil wayand the rear water way to my satisfaction, the head i have would go onto my rally car but not if the gasket is going to leak!!

guffe

XU7JP4 gasket would have 83mm bore and XU10-style oil ways.

Sign in to follow this