• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
applemobile

S16 Turbo

applemobile

I have searched but to no pervail. has anyone carried out an s16 turbo conversion? im looking into doing it over the next month, only a cheap home 'bodge' just for a bit of fun. Wondering if 2.0turbo injectors and Ecu would work as litteraly a plug and play application?

rex

Heh, there 'aint no such thing as a cheap conversion.

Sorry, Rex

welshpug

if you want a "cheap" turbo conversion best to start with the 2.0 8v turbo.

edit, probably one of my favourite RFY turbo conversions is this one - http://www.dp-engineering.nl/EN/projects/zx_turbo.php not "cheap" though ;)

Edited by welshpug

rex

My turbo conversion cost twice the price of the '6 conversion, and I paid £250 more for the complete donor 306, rather than the 50 quid for the complete 605...

There is no such thing as "cheap"when modifying vehicles IMO, even if you're honest enough to want a "bodge" job.

applemobile

ive been involved with 'cheap conversions' before. Im fairl confiadent it can be done. Weather it will run right or not is not the point. The point is that it will have a turbo strapped on it! If/when i get round to the ''bodge'' i will open a progress thread to let y'all know how it goes!

Tom Fenton

It almost definately won't run right, and the first time you allow a turbo motor to run lean on boost it WILL damage the pistons, then you'll have a scrap S16 engine. For the price you can get a DIY ECU such as a MegaSquirt for these days it is not worth melting a perfectly good engine for the sake of a couple of hundred quid, regardless if it is a bodge conversion or not.

rex

Well, I suppose it depends on what you call cheap :)

I've made a turbo manifold and had it running on a standard 1.9 and it ended up like Tom Fenton said, sadly, very quickly ;)

applemobile

lol well maybe i will give it a miss, come to look at it, may be a tight squeeze anyway! i have a perfectly running other turbo car anyway, so might just keep an N/A toy!

Sign in to follow this