• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Garry

Pedal Extensions

Garry

I struggle to heel 'n' toe the 205, which I think is partly down to my vertical roll cage post that is near the pedal box. I find that when I swing my heel across to clip the throttle it hits the cage before I can get to the pedal.

So, as a remedy I thought if I got some pedal extensions I can get to the throttle before the cage by giving me a bigger area to aim for.

Any suggestions on kits that suit/ fit the 205?

Edited by Garry

bren_1.3

i suppose that something like this is a standard pedal set....

sparco alloy pedals

but looking at this set..you can see the throttle pedal has a sort of bulge in it towards the brakde pedal at the bottom.....may be of some help to you.

carbon pedal extensions.

Baz

Mine in the autocross car and a couple at work are just generic ally pedal extensions, Sparco/OMP etc but the brake pedal one mounted sideways, so it spreads the pedal across a bit, i find it alot easier now, may help?

James Stewart

You could just bend the leg of the accelerator pedal, which will move the pedal closer to the brake pedal. It's free too!

James.

Baz

Yes but that way the pedals themselves then become too close too each other and skewiff, ala 106's... I like a little distance between them, size 10's don't help!! ;)

TT205

I notice some of you have GTi6 brakes - with these when you brake hard, the brake pedal drops below the height of the accelerator - how do you still heel and toe?

smighall

A bigger master cylinder takes out the extra bit of travel in the pedal.

TT205
A bigger master cylinder takes out the extra bit of travel in the pedal.

I have this and brake is still below accellerator - this is why I wondered what others have done

TT205

Anyone else found a way round this?

TVH
I have this and brake is still below accellerator - this is why I wondered what others have done

Weird, my brake pedal sits above the accelerator and once the brake pedal is fully depressed, it is in level with the accelerator. I'm trying to learn heel'n'toe rev matching when downshifting on track, blipping the throttle is easy but maintaining the optimum brake pressure while blipping is hard :D

My clutch pedal about 10cm above the brake pedal, yes it's annoying because the pedal is hard to reach and the travel is very, VERY long.

Baz
I notice some of you have GTi6 brakes - with these when you brake hard, the brake pedal drops below the height of the accelerator - how do you still heel and toe?

Lots of 205's have a less than perfect pedal anyway, i seem to manage ok just adapting my heel & toe'ing to suit, i get what you mean though, with drastic pedal travel it does make it difficult.

Sign in to follow this