• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
malyso

Mi 16 To Bike Carbs?

malyso

Is it really necessary to fit a dizzy off an 8 valve to an MI16 when fitting bike carbs and still using the standard ecu?

I know its probably been asked but I can't find the answer...

malyso

27 views and no one knows??

Is it really necessary to fit a dizzy off an 8 valve to an MI16 when fitting bike carbs and still using the standard ecu?

I know its probably been asked but I can't find the answer...

ORB

Think about it!

you dont need an ECU as that is there to controll the electronic fueling of the car via the injectors. You will have no injectors as you will be running carbs!

You will need a dizzy/coil to generate a spark.

The MI does not have a Dizzy, so the nearest one to use is one off a 205 1.9GTi

Hope this helps!

boldy205

i wouldnt bother with a 8v dizzy, just do the proper thing and put mappable ignition on it. I can recomend Megajolt from my own experiance. Smoother, and more power/torque.

Miles

If swaping from the GTi6 injection, I doubt very much you will see any large gains at all, If going mapable ignition you may as well use the std ECU with TB's

malyso

Thanks guys,

Will be on a budget, and as i already have a 8v dizzy it looks like that way will be favourite. Am guessing i do need the dizzy adapter off the bay of e to fit it though?

Sign in to follow this