• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ccgoose

Bent Break Pads?

ccgoose

well my girlfriend has a fiat punto on an 03 plate. 1.2 16v job, tidy car, always maintained as required. Put it in for an mot yesterday and they've failed saying it was breaking unevenly.....i laughed at the guy on the phone and said, ok then, tell me what's caused it.....his explanation, a bent break pad. Bearing in mind these were fitted by her dad who is an engineer, has built several cars and bikes and knows his stuff.

I've told the mrs to get the pads back and get them checked for straightness, if they're lying where do we stand in terms of getting them in the sh*t ??

They've a local reputation for doing it as well, sadly she booked it in before telling me where it was going!!

Edited by ccgoose

matty_gti

Never really thought about that really, there must be a place you can report to in these circumstances?, if it does turn out to be dodgy.

Edited by matty_gti

base-1

If they've been changed it's too late really, if they're shady then they'll just hit the pads about to bend them before giving them to you/her. Report them to trading standards if you can back it up.

S13Nick

viso or voso what ever its called!

GLPoomobile

VOSA

Miles

Just as bad as saying the brake pads are low, Even thou half the time you can't even see them, But worth reporting to VOSA at the very least

Rippthrough

How the hell can they know a brake pad is bent if they aren't allowed to remove them?

And when was the last time you saw a break pad bend for that matter.........

Fox

How the hell does a brake pad bend? When it sits squarely against the disk?

I've had cars close to the limit balance wise, but it was only an advisory, and the brakes were shocking!

James_R

As covered above, go on which garage is it in harp, spill :mellow:

If you're making a complaint then ring them and it will be tested somewhere else if they pass it the above place is in trouble

bent brakepads :lol: I've only see that when the rear pad gets spat out and lodges in the rim and trailing arm, but that's a bit noticable :lol:

Tom Fenton

Bent brake pads? Bent MOT station more like.....

ccgoose

james, no surprise, it's pan autos :mellow:

James_R

Oh, the one behind the chip shop/kebab shop is pretty straight up :lol:

Had VOSAS on the fone with them after they failed a '97 car with a '89 engine in on emissions and tried to charge a few hundred for "looking in to it" cam eup with the diganosis there was no lambda or cat :mellow: But that's a bit more confusing than the above

Hope you get it sorted soon

kyepan

mostly i'm a pretty placid guy but hearing stuff like this just really annoys me...

ccgoose

turns out the break pad was actually f***ed, the brake pad material was parting from the steel plate....i've never seen that before so was quite surprised. Took them long enough to fit a wheel bolt though......5.5 hours of waiting at home to say its ready for collection!!

James, any good garages local to recommend as i'm getting loads of friends asking me and i don't want to suggest any of them!!

base-1

That's common enough to be believable at least!

Sign in to follow this