• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Alan_M

309 Beams

Alan_M

Has anybody else had issues with 309 beams and the lugs on the ZX trailing arms touching the bodywork?

The lugs are at the front of the arm, at the top above where the shaft locates on the arm.

Only noticed today, and wonder if this is causing me a bit of grief with the beam location. I can't remember if this was the same for the 309 arms.

Only answer to this is either whip the lugs off with a disc-cutter (Can't be arsed to remove beam again), or use the 'beat the body panel out of the way' method?

I've got the beat the drivers rear quarter arch out anyway, as the hitting armco has pushed in a bit and now the rear tyre sticks out by an inch!

(Actually, this lug has a hole through it and its perfect for tieing my brake hose to!)

welshpug

its to bolt a small bracket that an ABS sensor lead would be clipped to :) M6 thread.

no 205/309 arm would have this.

Edited by welshpug

pug_ham
its to bolt a small bracket that an ABS sensor lead would be clipped to :) M6 thread.

no 205/309 arm would have this.

If they are the bits I've high-lighted in the pictures below, no its not & those lugs are present on all radius arms, 205, 309 or ZX I've seen & own.

You might recognise these pictures I stole & modified from your beam rebuild guide on PSOOC Mer.

radarmlugfi8.th.jpg

radarmlug2cs4.th.jpg

Wurzel first pointed this out to me a few years ago & when I next had the back wheels off my car I looked & there are marks on the shell where they were catching. I just cut them off with a hacksaw & its been fine ever since.

Graham.

welshpug

yes, those are pictures of a 306 graham, my brothers 95 DTurbo :)

I've certainly not noticed them before on a 205 as they didn't cause any issues, but they must be there as you have done more beams than I have I'd imagine!

I wonder what they're for if they are not tapped for a bolt, the 205 only got front abs AFAIK, and the ZX came out in 1992 with 4 wheel ABS.

here's the aforementioned ABS wire bracket on a 306 trailing arm.

28-05-08_1310.jpg

jonnie205

yes all 205 and 309 beams have them lugs and they do touch body or run very close with 309 beam in 205, usually they just get left as they are, it done do any harm

Sign in to follow this