• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest fredster

Where The Bejesus Is The Horn?

Guest fredster

Hi all,

My 1.9 failed MOT on lack of horn - can anyone tell me where it is, as I can't find the little fecker. I know its there 'cause its making a feeble rasping noise...

cheers

fred

Baz

Push in the left column stalk!! :)

:) Only joking! it should be under a headlight on the bumper bracket or there-abouts!

James Stewart
Push in the left column stalk!! :)

:) Only joking! it should be under a headlight on the bumper bracket or there-abouts!

... on the nearside (passenger)...

James.

jamiej

remove passenger side head light, and look down between where the light sits and the front of the bumper. it should be there. Mine didnt work either ... went for a Nautilus ... never looked back !!!

welshpug

as said, probably a knackered compressor unit which is under the l/h headlamp, or a dodgy horn relay, do you get a clicking noise from the fusebox when you press the button?

if the compressor is dead you can get new ones as part of a kit from motor factors for £15, peugeot want £50 for the compressor alone.

Guest fredster

er...compressor? I was expecting a snail shaped jobbie... whats this compressor business then?

Baz

Depends on the year and if it's a 1.6 or a 1.9.

feb

Not sure where it is (somewhere on the nearside front IIRC). Buy an electric one from a 1.6 and forget about humid weather 'horn not working' problems.

pete1986
as said, probably a knackered compressor unit which is under the l/h headlamp, or a dodgy horn relay, do you get a clicking noise from the fusebox when you press the button?

if the compressor is dead you can get new ones as part of a kit from motor factors for £15, peugeot want £50 for the compressor alone.

Where is the relay for the horn then? Mine has stopped working.

Or i may go for a Stebel Nautilus as suggested by many people. Do they use the existing connectors and can they be mounted in the same place as the oe horn?

Or... theres always one of these!

projectpug
Where is the relay for the horn then? Mine has stopped working.

Or i may go for a Stebel Nautilus as suggested by many people. Do they use the existing connectors and can they be mounted in the same place as the oe horn?

Or... theres always one of these!

I really want one of those loud horns dont know why but im sure it would be useful when you want someone to know your there or to make a point :)

timmsy19

i got one of these from forum member couple of weeks back. absolute doddle to fit. same connectors as the original (just make sure the + - are the right way round or you get a strange sounding horn)

mine hooks over the original bolt as for some reason its designed that you cant get a spanner in to tighten it up hooks in niceley though and its quite a snug fit

tri_longer

Does anyone know if air horns are road legal? I always thought that they weren't though no idea why.

Ryan
Does anyone know if air horns are road legal? I always thought that they weren't though no idea why.

Most 1.9s have air horns as standard, so I'd say they were legal. I think it's the tune-playing ones that are dodgy.

pete1986

So should i be buying the compact nautilus horn or the normal one?

timmsy19

mine passed on the MOT fine with it so i'd imagine so

jackherer
So should i be buying the compact nautilus horn or the normal one?

They only made one model when I bought mine and it fits in the normal 205 place so I guess it doesn't matter.

timb1046

horn wise, you can have whatever kind you want air/electric, just its to be no more than 2 tone. and the tones have to play at the same time so you cant have a nee-naw effect of them playing one at a time.

Tim

kate205gti

i put an electric horn in both of mine - muchos simpler! stick it under the ignition amp module, stick the earth to that and splice into the brown wire on the green relay sorted :)

Sign in to follow this