• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rich_p

1.6 Delimited Ecu In A 1.9?

Rich_p

While stripping my 309 gti today I had my first propper look at the ecu, it has written on it,

Pug racing delimited ecu for 205/309 Gti. It does state it's a 1.6 ecu though and the car is a 1.9.

Will this cause any issues?

Anthony

If you've still got 1.9 injectors and AFM, then the fuelling will be wrong (likely overfuelling as the ECU will be "tuned" for smaller injectors)

Rich_p
If you've still got 1.9 injectors and AFM, then the fuelling will be wrong (likely overfuelling as the ECU will be "tuned" for smaller injectors)

Thanks Ant.

I'm assuming the rest is as standard still. I guess if my engine is pretty standard a standard ecu will suffice and there is not much point in getting a delimited 1.9 ecu?

boombang

power runs out before the limiter, so not much point removing it as it comes in very handy in cases of throttle being stuck open.

Rich_p

OK cool, I'll have a hunt around for a standard one.

Miles

As said you really need the correct one, I beg to differ as mine likes rev's for some reason. Althou pretty much std. But most run out of puff as such quicker than the 1.6's

Baz

One of mine also likes to rev and still pulls up to the limiter, so probably could benefit from having no limiter, or later like the 1.6 at least, but depends what you want to do with it i guess.

Rich_p

it seems to rev readily right the way round, it has a 1.6 box to so not sure if that makes any difference.

Either way limited or un limted I need to get me the correct ecu so the fueling is correct.

Miles

If you need one drop me a PM, I;ve got a few

Sign in to follow this