• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest tommy1973

Blueprinted Engine

Guest tommy1973

what are they are they any good and what spec

thanks

tom

sleeper205

blueprinted engines are usually engines in which the mass manufacturing casts and joints have been engineered so as to remove restrictions, and generally get the engine back to how the designers wanted it.

they normally push a lot more power because of this.

sound about right peeps?

Guest stevec205gti

I thought that blue printed engines were engines in which all parts were machined to very tight tolerances so as to be exactly as the designers planned - as most engines are mass produced they are made to wider tolerances to ensure everything fits together on the production line.

pug_ham

Blue-printing is as stevec205gti said, making & building everything to very tight tolerances to get the best from them AFAIK.

Apparently not much will be gained from blue-printing a XU GTi engine because they were well matched components in the factory. Pistons & Liners were all of a very similar weight to begin with at the first engine build.

Graham.;)

sleeper205
I thought that blue printed engines were engines in which all parts were machined to very tight tolerances so as to be exactly as the designers planned - as most engines are mass produced they are made to wider tolerances to ensure everything fits together on the production line.

yeah, that's what i was trying to say ;)

Guest Alex G

i thought blue printing was tending towards the end of the tollerance range that offered the most advantage for example you would want the bore near the upper limit and the flywheel weight to the lower.

Miles

I used to run a blue printed engine in my 309 (1.6) the only real main change is the cam as it;s taken to around +10 - 15% good old peugeot thought of this to get around group 'N' reg's and mine made around 122hp on std injection.

Mattsav

Blueprinting an engine means extracting the most power but within the production limits of the engine. Only really required when used in a race class that dictates std engines. i.e if a std engine has a compession ratio of 9.2:1 +- 0.5 then it would be set at 9.7:1 Much cheaper & get more power just to modify the engine without keeping to the blueprints.

Sign in to follow this