• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chocolate_o_brian

Long Hose From Header Tank

chocolate_o_brian

as above. having checked over the condition of hoses under the bonnet t'other day, i noticed one hose has some wear and would preferably like to replace it as soon as. its a water hose that leads from the header tank past the battery and past under the air flow meter box somewhere round the radiator end of the inlet manifold. its a good meter or so in length.

i did buy what i thought was a replacement for it, but it seems the bore of the pipe is different in size at both ends. the header tank end is about 1/2" and the end near the radiator centrally is about 3/8"-7/16" bore, so it was loose at one end.

definatley a coolant hose as when i took one end off it leaked coolant heavily. can someone enlighten me on this and maybe have a part number/link for me?

cars a 1988 205 1.9 gti. can take a pic if my explanation above isnt very good.

cheers

pug_ham

This hose goes to the underside of the throttle body but they aren't needed in this country, I've run mine for several years now with them removed & the hose from the expansion tank going straight to the thermostat housing as shown in this diagram.

BakerBM (Stew 205 on this forum) does the full set of 8v silicone hoses to suit your car & sells them individually if you don't want to replace them all & you get a discount for being a member on this forum.

Graham.

chocolate_o_brian
This hose goes to the underside of the throttle body but they aren't needed in this country, I've run mine for several years now with them removed & the hose from the expansion tank going straight to the thermostat housing as shown in this diagram.

BakerBM (Stew 205 on this forum) does the full set of 8v silicone hoses to suit your car & sells them individually if you don't want to replace them all & you get a discount for being a member on this forum.

Graham.

ah. looking at the pic you supplied, the hose im referring to goes from the right hand side of the header tank to just behind the radiator in the centre. its not on the pic, unless my limited knowledge means im reading it wrong <_<

if i had the monies i would be having a full set of these silicone hoses, but i havent... boo!!

pug_ham
ah. looking at the pic you supplied, the hose im referring to goes from the right hand side of the header tank to just behind the radiator in the centre. its not on the pic, unless my limited knowledge means im reading it wrong :)

if i had the monies i would be having a full set of these silicone hoses, but i havent... boo!!

The hose you are referring to isn't in the picture I linked, thats the hose route used with it removed.

Stew sells the hoses individually & they are possibly cheaper from him than they are from Peugeot for the one you need. (if they are still available from Peugeot);

• 135126 WATER PIPE 13.44 GBP 15.79 GBP 15.79 GBP

Item #8 in the attched picture.

Graham.

post-71-1216057052_thumb.jpg

chocolate_o_brian
The hose you are referring to isn't in the picture I linked, thats the hose route used with it removed.

Stew sells the hoses individually & they are possibly cheaper from him than they are from Peugeot for the one you need. (if they are still available from Peugeot);

• 135126 WATER PIPE 13.44 GBP 15.79 GBP 15.79 GBP

Item #8 in the attched picture.

Graham.

you sir are a star, thats the piece!!

Rob!

Sorry mate, i removed this pipe earlier from mine because i thought it was leaking. Why is it not neede in this country mate?

Sign in to follow this