• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GLPoomobile

Motaquip Wishbones

GLPoomobile
For those interested (although this is already posted on GLPoomobiles thread on Motaquip wishbones) my local Motaquip (PSA company) stockist has quoted me £65 +vat = £76 ish for a pair 309 GTi wishbones, these include the bushes as previously outlined on this thread.

If you can't get near a Motaquip dealer then PM me and I'll see what I can do for you.

Mark.

I've just ordered a pair from a dealer in Harrow (not exactly local to me, but can get there on the tube) and they are also charging me £76 all in, so I'm guessing this must be the recommended retail price from Motaquip (although it's obviously still at the individual motor factor's discretion as to how much they charge).

For anyone interested in getting Motaquip wishbones (just to recap, should be the same as what Peugeot supply, but without the 8x mark up! :D ) it's a piece of piss to find your nearest supplier. I just called the phone number on the Motaquip website under 'Contact Us' and it went through to their Sales dept. The guy there was really nice, polite and helpful, and gave me a list of about 10 dealers in London, and then the address and phone number for those that I thought would be nearest to me.

Then called 2 in Harrow, the first of which said he'd call me in an hour as he'd have to look up the old part numbers, but he never called me back. The second, which I called in the interim, managed to get me a quote quickly and should have them in tomorrow or the day after.

£76 for a pair of brand new wishbones is cheap by any body's standards, but when you know that Pug are charging 8 times more for them it just makes the bargain smell even sweeter B)

EDIT: Just checked Servicebox and 309 GTI wishbones are actually the bargain price of £208.47, so they are 'only' 5.5 times more expensive :lol: . 205 GTI bones are £100 more though, at £308.79 each. £100 more per side for a less metal and bit less camber! Bloody Pug :P

Edited by GLPoomobile

craig f90

Ive had a pair on my 205 for around 3 months. They are still fine. I think it was £118 retail for a pair. Got them on trade in the end through work. The O/S ball joint was buggered. I could get a photo of the bush if needed? As long as someone could tell me how to work this damn link/post pic thingy, malarky.

Cheers,

Craig

£76 :lol: Crikey iv'e been had.

Rupertfinch

Good work GLPoo. Now surely you will agree wholeheartedly that Motaparts are leaning a little too much on the profiteering side!

Makes you wonder why a good many more factors don't have a go at online listings and delivery (actually the setup and maintenance is bound to be a PITA) as a clear 50 quid profit is not to be sniffed at.

GLPoomobile

Not good news peeps. Not good news at all, I'm afraid! :wub:

Motaquip have stopped producing 309 GTI wishbones :( Demand dried up apparently, so they are finished. You'll only get them if you find a dealer with some stock hanging around, but go in and ask them to order you some, and it's a no go.

Dunno about 205 GTI ones. They may still have a demand for them, I didn't ask.

I just hope we don't reach the point in the next few years where you can't get OE bushes either, as that will really suck big hairy balls :lol:

Sign in to follow this