• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GLPoomobile

Motaquip Wishbones

GLPoomobile

Just wondered if anyone has bought any 205 or 309 GTI Motaquip wishbones recently? If so, how much were they?

I'm just considering getting new 309 ones as another option, and then selling on my 2nd hand ones, new bush kit, and new balljoint boots, rather than pissing about trying to replace the bushes myself.

The Motaquip website doesn't even give you the option of searching for their authorised dealers, and I just don't have spare time during the week to search for places and make phone calls!

sonofsam

Think the one I bought by mistake ( 205 one,lol) from my local autofactors was a Motoquip item @ £58 ish

Only when I was about to put the new gen. pug bushes in it, and it was sitting next to a 309 one did I realise what a plank I'd been :)

Miles

They are good, A while back some Pug dealer's bought Motaquip parts as they where cheaper, but that's all stoped now :)

GLPoomobile

I was under the impression from reading previous posts that the Motaquip wishbones were basically the same as what Pug supply at their ridiculously inflated price <_< . Someone said that Pug owns Motorquip :unsure:

I'm only considering this IF the bushes fitted to them are of the same quality as the Pug ones. If that's not the case then there is no point in me getting them.

Sandy

The last set of wishbones I ordered from Peugeot about 2 years ago, took ages then came through as what appeared to be pattern ones; definitely not the originallattice 309 GTi ones. I wouldn't have been able to say what the difference was between them and pattern, so I refused them. The Delphi ones I've had have been fine so far.

GLPoomobile

So are you saying that original 309 'bones had a lattice construction, rather than being a solid arm? This is what the Motorquip ones look like

picture

which is the same as the 2nd hand ones I have at the moment.

With the Delphi ones, are you using the supplied bushes, or did you press Pug ones in?

Sandy

Originally they were, although probably most if not all have had replacements by now.

GLPoomobile

...and the question about the bushes in your Delphi ones, Sandy?

jonnie205

i have never seen a lattice type 309 wishbone

Edited by jonnie205

taylorspug

Ive got 1 Motaquip 309 wishbone on my car, i bought a bush kit when i got both wishbones (from Buypartsbuy) with a view to doing them all to save having the crap pattern bushes fail on me. IIRC the Motaquip item had identical bushes to the genuine bush kit id bought, so i saved myself some time and left them in there. Had them on a few months now and no problems so far.

GLPoomobile

Coolio <_<

Well the place I linked to a few posts earlier, Motaparts, does them for just shy of £60 a side. They also do Motaquip TREs for under £4 which is pretty damn good. The website is shonky as hell, but if they can supply the parts at those prices then fair play.

I'm waiting to see if anyone can either lend me or sell me cheap, a socket of 44mm or above that I can use for pulling the bushes out of mine. Or if that does not come about then I've found a website that sells a suitable sized socket for just over £10. So I think I'll still give it a go trying to swap my bushes myself, but if it still proves to be a total hassle then I'll order some Motaquip wishbones and flog mine.

Rupertfinch

Yep, I would be the person singing the praises of Motaquip on a few threads. As I see it, they're owned by Peugeot and Pug dealers state at the bottom of invoices that Peugeot or Motaquip parts are used (at least my local dealer does). I've both wishbones fitted and the bushes looked identical to a set of Pug ones I had (so flogged them on ebay for a £9 profit - morons!).

Can't complain about them or their prices, though I think I got both wishbones for about £60 (a very cheap one on ebay and one from local factors). I've also a set of those cheap TRE's to fit - great minds eh?!

RossD

Some of the Motaquip parts are even listed on the ServiceBox website. They are the part numbers that start with an 'E' for example E 149 003 is listed alongside 1109 N2 for an oil filter.

welshpug

anyone know where I can find a Motaquip dealer listing!? I found Motaquip's website but haven't found a dealer listing so far.

just gone through Motaparts to see what the total for a pair would be inc vat and delivery, £149.90 :):D

Edited by welshpug

Rupertfinch

If you're interested welshpug I can get a price off my local dealer for a pair (205 or 309) and could post them at cost. As for a dealer listing...Hmm. Bear with me and I'll see what I can find.

That Motaparts site is taking the piss by the way! Prices are comical.

Edited by Rupertfinch

welshpug

certainly interested in a pair of 309 ones, be interesting to see what you can find for us :)

Rupertfinch

Off to see him this afternoon...will be in touch, hopefully can beat that nasty £150! Mark.

Rupertfinch

Well, I wondered why they weren't answering their phone so I popped over. Closed for the holidays until Monday! Poo.

I'll find out a price for 205 and 309 wishbones then and post it up for anyone who may be interested. Sorry, Mark.

GLPoomobile
That Motaparts site is taking the piss by the way! Prices are comical.

Depends on your point of view.

If you can find a local motorfactor who can supply the Motaquip ones for less, then good. But if you can't, and mail order is the only option, then it's still better than paying the £600 odd quid that Pug want for a pair of these wishbones!

The website for Motaparts is shocking though! That's the truely comical part! I don't know how they can operate as a business with a website like that. It looks utter gash and just plain doesn't work :D

anyone know where I can find a Motaquip dealer listing!? I found Motaquip's website but haven't found a dealer listing so far.

Welshpug, try googling your local area plus Motaquip. I googled "North London Motaquip" and within the first few results I found a website listing local businesses and Tottenham Motaquip were on there. I guess the alternative (which I was going to do eventually) would be to just call Motaquip and ask if they can tell you who your local authorised dealer would be.

Oh, and one last thing regarding the price - I know that £150 for the pair is a bit of a stinger, but that is only £30 more than you'd pay if you can find a stockist who can offer them for £60 each (which is the price I've heard mentioned a few times from people who have got them from motor factors in the past). Now for someone like me, who doesn't generally use motorfactors, I'd have to spend a lot of time making phone calls, and possibly travelling around to find a motorfactor who can supply these. Add in the cost of travel, whether it be petrol, diesel, or in my case bus/tube fares, and the cost of your time spent tracking them down, and you may soon find very little difference compared to if you'd just paid £150 in the first place and got them delivered to your door.

Just thought I'd add some perspective, as not everyone has a motorfactor on their doorstep who can supply MOtoquip parts at sensible prices :)

Edited by GLPoomobile

joey

Rupertfinch id be interested in seeing how much your local factors can do a pair of 205 bones for aswell.

my nearest motaquip supplier is in Newry(about 3.5 hours drive!!)

cheers

Rupertfinch

Sorry GLPoomobile - but the reference to £150 quote from Motaparts as 'taking the piss' was/is entirely justified.

309 GTi wishbones Motaquip (pair) £65 +vat = £76.38.

That any good to anyone? I'd be willing to get them and post them if anyone is interested - not to make any money but to help out anyone who can't get near a Motaquip dealer (sounds a wee bit soft - but what the hell it's summer!)

Mark

welshpug

damn, I'll be heading into Newport asap then!

thanks very much Mark :mellow:

GLPoomobile
Sorry GLPoomobile - but the reference to £150 quote from Motaparts as 'taking the piss' was/is entirely justified.

No need to apologise, I have no vested interest in the company. I still think it's not an unreasonable price in the grand scheme of things, but if I was looking for some I'd obviously rather pay half that amount and so would be knocking on your door (so to speak).

Sign in to follow this