• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Spiky

Front Grill Options

Spiky

looking to maybe change the front grill

mainly to get more air in to the engine bay.

what options to do i have??

any pictures to show on cars????

Para

Maybe Gutmann grill ? Autofive have it

hodgy

gutman or de badged thats all you can do really. unless you buy some morrettes and dont put the inner lights in then you will get more air to the engine that way

Spiky

thats an option. They not cheap from there though.

Any others?

Cheers

pete1986

If it was me, i would steer clear of a gutmann grill at all costs. If going for a badgeless grill, it would still have a 'plate' behind where the badge was unless you cut it out. But then this will cause it to lose strength and possibly shape as it it there to support the bars

welshpug

do you have cooling issues?

Spiky

no.

i have no issues at all :D

I can see where your going with that.

Just looking at ideas :)

NeilGTi85

Browsing through old post about where to locate the afm and filter I found this....

I cant remember the name for the front valance....anyone know??

Cheers

Neil

post-11474-1215614693_thumb.jpg

gti-si

It's a St Tropez valance Neil

NeilGTi85

Cheers gti-si, Im trying to get hold of one....seems like pug performance is the only place to get them

(Sorry for the HiJack)

Neil

Spiky
99_1_b.JPG

kjd4000

Be carefull some of those grills fit really badly and aren't square.

Spiky

it's ok, i wont buy from ebay, as i'm guessing thats were most the crap ones come from :D

kjd4000

yeah right, mine looks ok but i want to replace it with a badgeless one. might sell it to you for the right price.

A pic trial fitted to my car

th_P1000532.jpg

GTI6BOY

Pug-Performance do the kit yes to a very high standard and also very cheap.

They also have this front grill with the same quality.

pm merlingti...i recomended the pp kit and he was over the moon with quality, service and price. discount too if you mention my name :D

Quigs
Cheers gti-si, Im trying to get hold of one....seems like pug performance is the only place to get them

(Sorry for the HiJack)

Neil

Just to let you know if you look on www.tuning.co.uk they do one for £119.

Ryan

Spiky
yeah right, mine looks ok but i want to replace it with a badgeless one. might sell it to you for the right price.

A pic trial fitted to my car

th_P1000532.jpg

whats the quality like on yours???

it kinda looks out of shape with the bonnet????

ifcho

I thought that most people here like standard looking cars. :D

Those gutman grills are pretty ugly IMO

GLPoomobile

Spiky, I thought your 205 was a track a car. So if it's just air flow you are worried about, why not just ditch the grill when on track? You can easily make it quick release with some R clips, so you can even pop it back on for road use.

Don't get a Guttman grill. They are the gayest things since Barrymore's last big gay pool party. I'm sorry, but they just are.

kjd4000

yeah it did look out of shape i just plonked it in to take the photo so it wasn't sitting properly. would look much nicer with a badgeless grill imo.

1!

Edit: the quallity is really good its a nice grill and fits well too, not like others i have seen that arch in the middle leaving big gaps round it!

Edited by kjd4000

welshpug
Spiky, I thought your 205 was a track a car. So if it's just air flow you are worried about, why not just ditch the grill when on track? You can easily make it quick release with some R clips, so you can even pop it back on for road use.

Don't get a Guttman grill. They are the gayest things since Barrymore's last big gay pool party. I'm sorry, but they just are.

I agree with GLP on this, its just 2 screws to remove it so if you are having cooling problems and wish to remove the grille just take it off.

we tried this on a rally car a few months ago and it didn't make much difference at all, what made the most difference was to ensure the engine was breathing cool air.

Spiky

cheers for the views :D

as said, no cooling issues, so its not to fix a problem

but just to maybe help keep it all cool

i'm pretty much in aggreement with you too about the grill,

hence the post just looking for options, if nothing suitable, i'll keep it std

Edited by Spiky

johnsimister

One of the most distinctive things about the way a 205 looks is its three-bar, body-colour grille. It's vital to the car's identity. Replace it with some open-mouthed Gutmann-look nonsense and it looks like no car in particular at best, like a Vauxhall Nova at worst.

For similar reasons I hate those bodykits that stick great lumps of cladding on the sills, because then you lose the curve of the sill and the way it flares out at each end. If MRP ever print a new edition of Dave Thornton's 'Sporting Peugeot 205s' book I hope they use a better cover pic than that poor white car ruined with fibreglass stuff all around its lower edges. All IMO of course...

John

Sign in to follow this