• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mwilcock

Megasquirt

mwilcock

megasquirt v3.57 ??

my mate is selling this ecu

is it a big job to map it?

im not mega good with all the things like dwell and trigger offset

ive had a quick mawl with it but woooo straight over my head lol

so is there anyone on here who could say yeah this is that that is this etc?

i know every engine is different and it needs mapping as you drive or dyno...

anyone shed some light please..

good or bad :)

thanks

Mike

Mad Professor

mwilcock: you don't say if it's the MS1 or MS2 processor, but regards to the v3.57PCB the main thing here is that all the componits are surface mounted, thease are prebuilt units only, not kit form, the v3.57 does look much nicer, but bear in mind as eveything is surface mount if you burn anything out it will be harding to track down a new item and replace it.

As for the trigger settings I am sure if you use the Search button you will find the details.

The dwell for the Injectors and Coil's you will need to scope if you want true settings, but once again this has been covered before more then once.

As for mapping you say how easy is it, I can't say as I don't know your skills, but fueling is easer then the spark, if you have a WideBand 02 Sensor. Spark timing you can do wile driving but it is hit and miss, and run the risk of pinking, ect, the best thing to do is book rolling road time, and map it on the rollers, then you can see if you are gaining or loseing power.

Whenever I have mapped ecu's I start off with a spark time of around 8-12deg at idle, and AFR of 14.5:1, this will be running alittle rich but should give a nice stable idle.

I always tune the Spark table then the Fuel Table each cell at a time, always going back again and adjusting to make sure it's at max power.

This should get you going.

mwilcock

it is ms2 and thanks for replying.

i will have a look around the site for anything useful :D

Mad Professor

Now you say it's using the MS2 Processor, do you know if it is Programed with the MS2 Standard Code or the MS2 Extra code.

MS2-Extra is the most user friendly version I find.

mwilcock

ms-2 extra i do believe

Sign in to follow this