• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
marksorrento205

Computer Wont Connect To Onex Ecu?

marksorrento205

Hello, just fitted my mi16 to my 205 with a omex 600 ecu, pre built harness and throttle bodies. Now the lead that connects to the ecu and computer is a seiral type connector I belive. I have bought a converter to go from that type to usb from maplins. Problem is the computer wont connect to the ecu. I have checked that I have power going to the ecu on the ecu plug. Any ideas? Could it be the converter?

Any help would be great

Cheers

Paintguy

Hopefully someone better informed will come along and give you a definitive answer, but if memory serves me correctly Chris (309PUG) had a similar problem with his DTA. He couldn't connect using a USB/serial converter lead, even with M@tt on the case (IT wizz), so they ended up tracking down an old laptop with a serial port, which worked fine.

That example showed the converter to be the problem, so it could be the same in your case.

marksorrento205

This is what im thinking, as you said its getting an old computer with the port, mine only have usb. Cheers fella

VisaGTi16v

Normally usb to serial converters are fine, I use them a lot at work for talking to Cisco networking kit etc. Have you gone into device manager to ensure its actually installed correctly with the driver? Also if the Omex is serial only, its almost certainly looking for the PC on COM2 (Communication port), the Usb adapter is almost certainly on a different one, COM4 or something, you can change this in device manager by going into its properties, it will be hidden under Ports

marksorrento205

Sweet will try that in the morning. It is coming up as COM4. Cheers

marksorrento205

Top man im now connected, just changed the com port. Nice one!!!

VisaGTi16v

£500 fee to my email address via Paypal please :lol:

Sign in to follow this