• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SweetBadger

Mi16 3 Row Rev Limit, Lower Than 2 Row?

SweetBadger

I've changed the loom over on my MI ot run a 3 row ecu instead of a two row the idea being with the rising prices of fuel I can now run normal unleaded instead of super as the 3 row ecu has a knock sensor.

Anyway with the old 2 row ecu the rev limit was at an indicated 7100 rpm, but with the 3 row ecu (have tried a 354 from a bx 16v and a 355 from an MI16) the rev limit shows as 6900 rpm.

Anyone else found this? What are people cars limiting at with the later 3 row ecus?

Could be that my tacho is reading out but then that would mean that the 2 row ecus I had were revving to 7400 ish...

Bit annoying I could really do with those extra rpm as it's slamming into the rev limiter at the mo.

Edited by SweetBadger

KRISKARRERA

Rev counter on my 3 row 405 showed 7400rpm, as does my current 2 row 405. (The former showed 6900 when bunged into a 309).

Miles

They do vary on the Tacho's, I know when I bought a mi when nearly new yr's ago I was not happy as my old 1.9 8v reved more so I had the rev limited up to 7500.

Sign in to follow this