• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Alastairh

Zx Volcane Arms V's Xsara Vtr/vts Arms...

Alastairh

Probably has been covered before, but i couldn't find it in our search.

But as the title states, do the Xsara arms have the same benefits as Zx ones?

Cheers

Al :)

taylorspug

Id imagine the Xsara arms are much the same as the 306 ones yes? If so then to a degree they will do much the same, but id imagine they would make the car understeer a reasonable amount due to the toe in combined with the camber. In all honesty id go with the ZX ones or you will find yourself struggling to get it to turn in.

Baz

Pretty sure they're same if not very similar to 306 ones yeah.

jonnie205

In my opinion i would imagine all the alter pug a citroen arms to be the same, ok there is different figures in the spec sheets but i bet that is down to when and how they were measured by the manufactures or thrid part companies. I bet if they were tested on the bench, 306, xsara, zx arms would be the same.

davepug205

Ive heard of people putting vts rear arms on the 306 for neg camber

welshpug

fraid its only the ZX that has no toe in, strangely the Xsara VTS is totally different in that it runs the most toe in of all the compatible trailing arms, some 1.4mm more than a 205, but the same as a 309 GTi16.

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...=citroen+camber

Ive heard of people putting vts rear arms on the 306 for neg camber

highly amusing, as the 306 already has 1deg/20min camber, exactly the same as the Xsara, but less toe in, so their setups would be more stable at speed but less sharp to turn in.

Edited by welshpug

davepug205
fraid its only the ZX that has no toe in, strangely the Xsara VTS is totally different in that it runs the most toe in of all the compatible trailing arms, some 1.4mm more than a 205, but the same as a 309 GTi16.

highly amusing, as the 306 already has 1deg/20min camber, exactly the same as the Xsara, but less toe in, so their setups would be more stable at speed but less sharp to turn in.

:( I might be wrong I think it was 306.net I read that a while ago.

bobob

How do you know so much about pugs, etc? :(:D

Alastairh
In my opinion i would imagine all the alter pug a citroen arms to be the same, ok there is different figures in the spec sheets but i bet that is down to when and how they were measured by the manufactures or thrid part companies. I bet if they were tested on the bench, 306, xsara, zx arms would be the same.

That i can totally believe. Ever put a well spec'd 205 on a reliable 4 wheel laser alignment machine...

I will grab them from the scrappy anyway. I already have another set of volcane Zx arms for the next 205 anyway. Just spares :(

Miles

It's getting the beam the same both sides which is the hard part, No matter what arms you have

Sign in to follow this