• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sonofsam

Be3r Gearbox / Lfy / Xu7jp4

sonofsam

Are these gearboxes quite common? wondering how much Im going to have to pay for one really?

BE3R

TB91

TD80

TE30

diff: 19 x 70

1. 11 x 38

2. 23 x 43

3. 25 x 32

4. 41 x 39

5. 44 x 35

sonofsam

Citroen XANTIA Saloon (1996 Reg) 1.8 16v Petrol Manual 5 Door(s)

manual gearbox be3r £176.25 delivered.

Anyone think thats expensive? is from an online breakers!

Edited by sonofsam

welshpug

does sound a tad, there's a place local to me that'll do rebuilt ones for £250.

I guess these boxes would be as rare as the engines :) they never seem to turn up on ebay.

James_R

I have a '99 306 XS plate sat round the side of the house, it's odd cause it's a push type clutch arm not pull.

Miles

I think most of the Alloy block ones are for some reason, I guess maybe they use the 200mm clutch?

James_R

yep 200mm has a be4 casing with the cooling fins under the end of the casing

whizzer71
Are these gearboxes quite common? wondering how much Im going to have to pay for one really?

BE3R

TB91

TD80

TE30

diff: 19 x 70 3.68

1. 11 x 38 3.45

2. 23 x 43 1.86

3. 25 x 32 1.28

4. 41 x 39 0.95

5. 44 x 35 0.79

You dont want that in your turbo mate,Ratios are completely wrong fella I have 2 x 3.68 FD's if you really want one !,The FD you want tho is 3.47 (205 Diesel) Pretty hard to find !

sonofsam

They must just be talking about the 'box casing in this topic http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...75679&st=10 ;)

Cheers for the offer Tris, but I was looking for a 'box that I could just bolt on and go :(

TBH mine is getting manotanous at M-way speed and above (need rev counter!) and doesnt feel like the extra 10%

of TDFD will cut it?!

craig f90
They must just be talking about the 'box casing in this topic http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...75679&st=10 ;)

Cheers for the offer Tris, but I was looking for a 'box that I could just bolt on and go :lol:

TBH mine is getting manotanous at M-way speed and above (need rev counter!) and doesnt feel like the extra 10%

of TDFD will cut it?!

Sam, i feel your pain dude. Brrrrrrrr, thats all i hear. :(

But i would say its probably the same as the 1.6 was. 3k revs at 60 for the 1.6 engine and box. i think the 2.0t is 2.5 to 3k revs according to the counter. I cant remember at the mo, ill take it out if it stops raining and let you know.

whizzer71
They must just be talking about the 'box casing in this topic http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...75679&st=10 :wacko:

Cheers for the offer Tris, but I was looking for a 'box that I could just bolt on and go B)

of TDFD will cut it?!

Its really easy to get the tacho working with Diodes/resistors etc,I also have plenty spare !,The boxes are SOOOOOOOOO easy to strip and build some one of your capability should be able to breeze it .

CLICKY http://www.rallyparts.co.uk/cwp_change/

They omit the bit about removing the "C" clip from the interlock shaft infront of the 5th gear fork,(make sure you remove this before trying to remove it) but just give it a go fella you just cant go wrong,re seal it all with a good quality sealant and not that cheap old Hermatite muck from halfwits

:angry:

Edited by whizzer71

Sign in to follow this