• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dazEmad

Exhaust Manifold Stud Pattern

dazEmad

Can anyone confirm if the stud pattern on the 2.0mi head is the same as the 1.9mi head and if bottom or top row are the same. Looking at the gti6 exhaust manifold mating to an existing 1.9mi the bottom row is the same but the top is different. So what we are trying to achieve whilst this head 1.9mi is available for testing is to weld a flange and angle it, Only problem is its going to be used on my 2.0mi.

jackherer

2.0 Mi have ten studs, the top row mirrors the bottom five.

returnofjim
2.0 Mi have ten studs, the top row mirrors the bottom five.

Thats good news then, so the 2.0 mi head must have the same stud pattern as a gti6? :wacko:

Anthony
Thats good news then, so the 2.0 mi head must have the same stud pattern as a gti6? :wacko:

Sadly not, no.

mrswampy

no the s16 is different

buy only one of the studs is!!

and you need to remove a part of the webbing on the gti6 manifold to get it to sit flush against the head

returnofjim
no the s16 is different

buy only one of the studs is!!

and you need to remove a part of the webbing on the gti6 manifold to get it to sit flush against the head

So only one of the studs on a s16/2.0mi is in a different place from the gti6 head?

i guessed that some of the flange would have to be cut off, when i offered up the gti6 manifold to a 1.9 mi head the bottom row of studs was the same but all the top row was different and a large piece of the flange fouled the head.

So if there is only 1 stud different then it should be quite easy to modify the flange on the gti6 manifold to get it to fit? which stud is it that is in a different place?

welshpug

one problem is that the ports do not match the gti6 manifold.

returnofjim
one problem is that the ports do not match the gti6 manifold.

Yeh i had already realised this, im thinking maybe i can open out the sides of the ports on the flange of the manifold and taper it down to the pipes if you get what i mean.

Sign in to follow this