• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
James_m

Seat Subframe

James_m

Right, just failed my MOT on a not rigidly mounted passenger seat subframe. Pretty sure this is my fault as ive had the seats out a few times and cant remember the OE way it was done :D

Firstly, looking on the seat head on, are the seats bolted into the first hole on the subframe/rails or second?

My real problem comes with the passenger side closest to the door rear mount. Is there supposed to be something bolted up here? There is a hole in the bracket that is attached to the shell, but i cant see anything threaded in the subframe/rails itself.....

Any input apreciated, Cheers James.

DamirGTI

I have (on both of my cars , Ph 1 and Ph2 ..) just single holes for bolting the seats on the main cross rail and also single holes on the rear corner mounts :D however my early car have an "insert type" nuts on the cross rail which are pressed in the recess , so this ones can slip or pop out from the rail .. while my late car have solid nuts welded on the cross rail for attaching the seats , which is fair better solution ..

Remove the carpet and check if the spot welds are still sound on the main cross rail as they are a bit weak point (theres only a few spot welds which holds up entire rail on the floor ..)

Rgs ! :blush:

Damir

Edited by DamirGTI

James_m

Just used a nut and bolt in the end, not really sure if it is OE style but it got me through the MOT! Cheers for the response.

Sign in to follow this