• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JamieTonks

1.9 8v Turbo Conversion

JamieTonks

A friend of mine a few yrs back built himself a cheap 8v turbo (using tt manifold etc) however using a standard 8v bottom end ie pistons, rods, crank etc. I think he had a 200sx style t28 turbo to.

As I remember going back to when i had my TT 205 the TT cars had modified pistons didnt they?

Would this be reliable under 200bhp? i thought it wouldnt be. However he told me recently it still runing well :D

Jamie

Miles

As long as the fueling was OK then yes there shouldn;t be any problems at all. Try and avoid all this 5th injector rubbish

JamieTonks

so why did TT modify the pistons?

Jakob

Proberly just to lower CR

Remember you can bye $$$ forced pistons and blow them in secunds/minutes...and still some of the fastest turbo conversions run standard or hand-picked OEM pistons. It is about controling your detonation / pre-ignition (AFR not mentioned). When OEM pistons melt..everybody says, you should have bought forced... the difference between forced vs. OEM is that forced might handle your detonation for some more secunds/minutes.

j_turnell

Yeh just dont use the 5th injector system, its terrible and very crude imo. With decent management so the fueling and ignition can be setup properly, theres no reason why it can be making good power and be reliable.

Sign in to follow this